character studio help

Post by Matt Cain » Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I've been trying to learn Character Studio, but there always has to be a
stumbling block.
The tutorial says to region select some footsteps.  The selection tools are
all greyed out.  Have I done something wrong?

Hope someone can help me

character studio help

Post by snowd » Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Just to let you know, I'm having the same problem.  I got Character
Studio last year when I bought MAX and decided that I should learn MAX
and how to build a character before I use the plugin, now, I'm
learning the plugin, but am having trouble selecting the footsteps
just as you are.  I thought it might be a software issue or a bug on
my CPU, but hearing you have the same problem, I think we're just
missing something.  It's probably a simple solution, but I can't seem
to find it either.

Let me know if you get any answers in your e-mail that work and I'll
do the same.

Mike

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:07:37 +0100, "Matt Caine"

>I've been trying to learn Character Studio, but there always has to be a
>stumbling block.
>The tutorial says to region select some footsteps.  The selection tools are
>all greyed out.  Have I done something wrong?

>Hope someone can help me

character studio help

Post by Brain Trepanin » Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:00:00

To select the footsteps, you must be in footstep sub-mode.

I also found that if I simply start up Max and load in a biped from a file
that is already scaled and shaped as the character, I have to actually click
on the "create biped" button as though I were going to make another biped,
without making one. Instead, I switch back to the animation area and
suddenly all my tools are available. Hope this helps...
--

Brain Trepaning
Boring e*ment into your skull

Quote:> I've been trying to learn Character Studio, but there always has to be a
> stumbling block.
> The tutorial says to region select some footsteps.  The selection tools
are
> all greyed out.  Have I done something wrong?

> Hope someone can help me

character studio help

Post by Toon van der Struij » Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi Matt,

I'm having the same problem when I work at home. In our office I run Max and
CS on a NT4 machine without any problems. At home I run the same under
Windows2000 Pro, maybe there lies the problem, but I'm not sure about that
though.

--

|--- Toon van der Struijk
|--- Pointer Interactieve Media bv

>I've been trying to learn Character Studio, but there always has to be a
>stumbling block.
>The tutorial says to region select some footsteps.  The selection tools are
>all greyed out.  Have I done something wrong?

>Hope someone can help me

1. Character Studio Help Please!!!

good people, i'm just starting out with character studio, I've applied the
biped to my mesh and applied the physique modifier to the mesh. When i look at
the envelopes, i've found that when i click on the forearm the envelope is
situated on the upper arm and the upper arm envelope is situated in the
clavicle area. Do i have to move these envelopes to lie over the anatomical
area and if so how do i go about this do i just use the standard move transform
to move both the inner and outer envelopes?? thanks chaps for your help

2. RenderFarms.

3. Character Studio Help Required Please!!!

4. FireWire is developed by Apple Re: Laughing at MAC ....blah blah blah

5. Character Studio help with biped center of mass

6. Error diffusion dither .....

7. character studio help request

8. Character studio help

9. Character Studio Help