3DS4 PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Post by Webpuppi » Sun, 22 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Every so often my 3DS4 project will*up, All the objects will be
smeared. What I mean is the faces will be scattered almost in a smeared
manner. It happens out of the blue.

Is this a bug? Anyone ever had this problem?

3DS4 PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Post by W3 Use » Sun, 22 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Every so often my 3DS4 project will*up, All the objects will be
> smeared. What I mean is the faces will be scattered almost in a smeared
> manner. It happens out of the blue.

> Is this a bug? Anyone ever had this problem?

It is not a bug, it is a bad crack...

3DS4 PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Post by ?ge Vol » Sun, 22 Sep 1996 04:00:00

You have the BETA version of 3DStudio release 4.
I had the same problem.
My advice to you:
Get the real version.

Post by Brian Rudol » Tue, 24 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>Every so often my 3DS4 project will*up, All the objects will be
>smeared. What I mean is the faces will be scattered almost in a smeared
>manner. It happens out of the blue.
>Is this a bug? Anyone ever had this problem?

This is a symptom that something has corrupted your 3DS.EXE file.
First, check your system for viruses very carefully.  Then, once
you're absolutely certain that you're virus-free, reinstall the
software from the master disks.  If the problem persists after that,

**********************************
Brian Rudolph
Autodesk Product Support - Multimedia

**********************************

3DS4 PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Post by Paul » Wed, 25 Sep 1996 04:00:00

If you mean the vertices move about
when moving objects, and  deforms the mesh
its normally caused by the copy being a cracked
executable.

3DS4 PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Post by Bob Baeyen » Wed, 25 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> > Every so often my 3DS4 project will*up, All the objects will be
> > smeared. What I mean is the faces will be scattered almost in a smeared
> > manner. It happens out of the blue.

> > Is this a bug? Anyone ever had this problem?

> It is not a bug, it is a bad crack...

exactly. I had the same problem when I removed the dongle and added a
'crack'.
Either put on the dongle again, or install the "102% perfect crack"

-

3DS4 PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Post by p0d » Thu, 26 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> > > Every so often my 3DS4 project will*up, All the objects will be
> > > smeared. What I mean is the faces will be scattered almost in a
smeared
> > > manner. It happens out of the blue.

> > > Is this a bug? Anyone ever had this problem?

> > It is not a bug, it is a bad crack...

> exactly. I had the same problem when I removed the dongle and added a
> 'crack'.
> Either put on the dongle again, or install the "102% perfect crack"

It does that after 60 menu selections w/ the bad crack.  3ds does a CRC on
it's self.  If the .exe is modified it goes into 'lets * with the user'
mode.  It not only will*your meshes after 60 menu clicks, there are
also certain files you can't load, plus some other annoyances.

3DS4 PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Post by Jorge Hernand » Sun, 29 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>> > > Every so often my 3DS4 project will*up,
>> Either put on the dongle again, or install the "102% perfect crack"
>If the .exe is modified it goes into 'lets * with the user'
>mode.

Excuse me, but I'm know zero of technical stuff.
What if you set attrib +r 3ds.exe?

--
Jorge

(Barcelona, Spain)

1. Please, please help - problem rendering a flc in 3ds4

I'm using 3ds4 and I'm trying to render a 300+ frame flc. The main
problem is that the final flic is incredibly dithered and it looks
like there are a bunch of "speckles" all over the scene as well as the
fact that the colors are really not looking right.

It is a dimly lit scene and I have four burning torches done with
LenzFx and a transparent glass bottle with a bubbles ipas running
inside it. Furthermore I have assigned dents.sxp as the texture to the
walls. There is also a cigarette burning with the vapor.axp taking
care of the smoke. The reason I'm stating this is that I think one of
these IPAS' is the cause of my problems. The only animation other than
the animated ipas' is a moving camera.

When I render a still of the scene everything looks perfect. When I
render the full animation things get out of control. If I render a
range of frames where there is very little or no camera movement
everything looks good as well. It seems to me like a combination of my
moving camera and LenzFx and Bubbles causing my problems.

At the beginning of the animation (say the first 100 frames) the
camera does not see the torches (ie. the lights that I have assigned
LenzFX to) nor does it see the bottle. But when I render the flc in
video post I set LenzFX to render throughout the entire animation
(instead of just kicking in at frame 100-300 for example).

Should I only assign LenzFX to the range of frames where my torches
are visible to the camera? Also why am I getting this strange blue
banding in the final render when there is absolutely no blue materials
or lights in the scene to begin with?

I'm also wondering if maybe I rendered this animation to 24 bit
targa's and put them out to video would my problems persist? Like I
mentioned, when I render single frames from this animation everything
looks great.. so I figure that since targa's are a bunch of separate
still frames they should render without this annoying problem of heavy

dithering? Please tell me I'm right. It takes me at least 8 hours to
render the entire 300 frames and when it is done rendering and I see
these problems time and again and I feel like exploding.

Could the main problem with this incredibly annoying dithering be due
to the fact that flc files only support 256 colors? Therefore since
targa's are 24 bit/16 million colors shouldnt a targa sequence clear
this up?

Someone please, please help me. I need to get this animated for my
demo reel and move on to other work but I'm wasting too many days
trying to solve this problem. (Incidentally it's not a video card
problem as far as I can tell).

Thank you very much for reading this and if you need any more info on
my scene in order to help me out please let me know.

Please respond with help via email.

Thank you very much in advance.

Elliott Feller

http://www.cpol.com/elliott

2. VIDEOS WANTED ARTS TV NYC

3. 3ds4 printing problem PLEASE

4. Interpolating Z coords of points between known points

5. please help me in 3ds4

6. Adobe Open????????

7. Looking for 3DS4 or Max legal For Good price, please help

8. Logix VGA card question

9. Please help with 3DFX drivers for 3DS4

10. bugs in 3ds4 please help me

11. 3DS4 Help, please.

12. --3DS4-- HELP PLEASE

13. Poser 2/3DS4 exporting question.- Please help