3DSM books

Post by Piers N Co » Sat, 12 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Could anyone recommemnd any good books on 3DSM ...
--
Piers Coe  >>  Neutron Graphicz ..
http://www.btinternet.com/~piers.coe/Piers.Coe.htm

3DSM books

Post by Nu » Mon, 14 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Could anyone recommemnd any good books on 3DSM ...
>--
>Piers Coe  >>  Neutron Graphicz ..
>http://www.veryComputer.com/~piers.coe/Piers.Coe.htm

go to http://www.veryComputer.com/ for reviews on these great books

inside 3d studio max                    -       highly recomended
3d studio max fundamentals
3d studio max design guide
3d studio max: tutorials for the masters
character animation with 3d studio max  -       highly recomended
3d studio max: hollywood f/x

hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions

-* nut

3DSM books

Post by David Salah » Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:00:00

"Inside 3D Studio MAX" is an excellent volume. It's 1000 pp. are packed
with information on many aspects of animation and how to use MAX. It's not
an introduction to MAX, however. It assumes you have already worked through
the tutorial included with MAX and that you have the manuals. It
specifically attempts to avoid much duplication of the information in these
documents; rather, it seeks to extend and explain those things that are not
covered in detail there.

By contrast, 3DS Max Fundamentals is an alternative to the Kinetix
tutorial. It gives a pretty good overview and gets you up and running
quickly. One caveat: the edition I purchased last fall quite a few errors.
When I sent a list to the email address listed in the book, I was ignored.

Both are published by New Riders.

Quote:> Could anyone recommemnd any good books on 3DSM ...
> --
> Piers Coe  >>  Neutron Graphicz ..
> http://www.btinternet.com/~piers.coe/Piers.Coe.htm

3DSM books

Post by gfx » Fri, 18 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> By contrast, 3DS Max Fundamentals is an alternative to the Kinetix
> tutorial. It gives a pretty good overview and gets you up and running
> quickly. One caveat: the edition I purchased last fall quite a few errors.
> When I sent a list to the email address listed in the book, I was ignored.

typos and errors aside, our copy of fundamentals is printed so dark the
screen captures are all but useless.