Going NUTS with selected vertex colors

Post by der » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:46:05

I am having some trouble with selected vertices. When I work on an
object in vertex sub-object mode, all the vertices are white,
regardless of if they are selected or not. My beautiful blue and red
are now gone!!!

I have looked through all the customizable options in max and can't
seem to find how to change this. This is making working in sub-object
mode very difficult.

Has anyone seen this before?

Going NUTS with selected vertex colors

Post by Elen » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:19:48

Yes, I have. Rather irritating! Unfortunately I found no solution...It
just disappeared later and was normal again.
I sometimes encounter strange things in MAX...
Close the program, reopen it, try to merge into a new file (but you
probably have done this)
Sorry, no help ;-)

Quote:>I am having some trouble with selected vertices. When I work on an

Post by Scott Morriso » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:49:52

> I am having some trouble with selected vertices. When I work on an
> object in vertex sub-object mode, all the vertices are white,
> regardless of if they are selected or not. My beautiful blue and red
> are now gone!!!

> I have looked through all the customizable options in max and can't
> seem to find how to change this. This is making working in sub-object
> mode very difficult.

> Has anyone seen this before?

There is a custom color for sub-object selections.

Bring up the UI cusotmization dialog (main menu: Customize->Customize UI).
Go to the "Colors" tab.  Select "Geometry" from the "Elements" drop-down
list, and "Subselection" from the list box.  You can click on the color
swatch to the right to change the color.

-- Scott

Post by der » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:15:47

> There is a custom color for sub-object selections.

> Bring up the UI cusotmization dialog (main menu: Customize->Customize UI).
> Go to the "Colors" tab.  Select "Geometry" from the "Elements" drop-down
> list, and "Subselection" from the list box.  You can click on the color
> swatch to the right to change the color.

> -- Scott

Hi Scott,

This is the part that is really confusing me. The subobject element is
set to red. Other sub-objects such as edge and polygon display in red,
but not vertices.

I just disabled "Show Vertices as dots" and the colors are OK now (the
vertices are displayed as crosshairs), but when I toggle back the dots
are still white.

I guess I can live with this, but I would prefer the dots.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.

darren

1. HELP, I'm going nuts in Quark

Okay, if anyone could please help me, I would be eternally thankful. Sanity
is beginning to leave me.

Here's the problem. I have full justified text in two text boxes that line
up with a third. It's on my resume and above my name I have email address,
ICQ #, etc. Then I have my name in a separate box, and then below in a third
box I have home address, telephone, etc.

Onscreen, the text all lines up flush on the right side. When I print, it
all goes to hell. I've attempted to print on my StyleWriter (which isn't
important) and to print to my PDF writer (which is, because I fax or email
the resume and cover letter.)

Hell is defined as a ragged right edge in the text boxes, which screws up
what I'm trying to do anyway.

My font is Bank Gothic Lt BT, which is a type 1 font. I have no idea if that
has anything to do with it. I took the font out of my library (I use
Suitcase completely) and physically put it into the System Font folder. To
no avail. I did also put in the printer font I believe (The suitcase and
accompanying file.)

Any help will be eternally grateful as I have just graduated and am
beginning to get hungry, troubleshooting a font problem on my resume.

Thanks so much,

Daniel Thompson

2. Linking with gcc using HP OpenGL

3. MAX 2.5 Advice Needed (B4 I go nuts)

4. GIF Sites

5. Going NUTS!

6. greyscale images on lcd screen

7. Has Mojo Gone Nuts?

8. Fast, low fidelity 3d rendering

9. slowly going nuts

10. Color picker puts selected color in the background ?

11. I need help selecting a color in indexed color mode

12. selecting out-of-gamut colors with Color Range

13. ? How replace one color with a pre-selected different color