cutting holes in cyllinder

Post by m0rph3u » Sun, 21 Jan 2001 13:04:03

i drew a cylinder and i need to know how i can cut a hole thorought it
from the top (flat part) all the way through the bottom

pls help

cutting holes in cyllinder

Post by IgorD » Mon, 22 Jan 2001 05:20:51

you can use boolean
or better make a shape that you need and and loft it

(sorry, bad habits  ;o) extrude it)

Quote:> i drew a cylinder and i need to know how i can cut a hole thorought it
> from the top (flat part) all the way through the bottom

> pls help

1. Need help cutting small holes with POVRAY

I need to cut some holes in my submarine object for water inlets and stuff. I
tried to use intersection but the the rendering goes very slow. I tried to use
clipped_by and bounded_by but ended up with showing just the hole and no
submarine. I keep reading the documentation file and try things but get
nowhere. Could someone please help me and show me a fast easy way to cut small
holes out of the side of an object. I have a bunch of holes to cut so I need
something that will not slow things down too much.

Thanks

Ken

2. STUDIO QUARTET From Ulead

3. How to cut holes in finite patches without using CSG

4. Game programming site

5. Cut hole in alpha

6. Anyone here good with Modeler and Poser?

7. cut holes in cylinder

8. Lattice Deformer

9. Cutting a hole in NURBS object

10. Cuts for Holes in Polygon Triangulation

11. How to cut holes in Objects?

12. Q: Cut hole in textured surface

13. Cut hole in textured surface