where do I get music?

Post by Marc Sylvestr » Mon, 28 Jul 1997 04:00:00

While working on my demo reel, I have read a lot of posts (well, 2 to be
exact) that say to include good music in the reel.
Sounds like a great idea, but some guidance in requested.
Do I just use any old music I want? I don't want to violate anybody's
copywrites in the process.
Is there any low cost music source that I could purchase short tracks
from?
Are their sites for public domain music?
Should I assume since I am not doing my demo reel for a profit I can use
whatever I want?
Thanks for any help!

where do I get music?

Post by Snoopy » Mon, 28 Jul 1997 04:00:00

There is a site named "SoundAmerica" has alot of music from sound tracks
and such, quite a bit in fact large amount of selections you might want to
check out .
Snoopy37

1. Project getting underway, am I doing it right?

        I want to model a vehicle in great
detail. This is how I plan to do it:

- Draw components in a 2D drafting
   program (autosketch)

- Build MORAY models by hand, reading
  dimensions off the drawings.

- Output from MORAY to to POV for
   rendering. Components' POV files can
   be combined beforehand.

MORAY has no associative resizing, so I
use the sketch program to define the
shapes of things. But I don't want
everything in a single huge MORAY file,
so I have to write software to combine
the POV files, which I will keep in a
database.

Is there some tool you think would be
useful here, or a better way to do this?

(You can see some initial results at
        http://byrden.com/tiger/  )

                                        David

2. Draw a circle

3. Getting a job doing 3D...

4. Bug in BCB3?

5. It's done, done, done!

6. Lasso Select in Maya

7. Getting old: getting angle from X&Y coords

8. Glow Problem

9. Getting closer to getting LW6.5 stable - still getting this BSOD though.....

10. Is ANYONE doing work for 3RD Dimension Technologies Inc and getting PAID?

11. copyright music

12. 126 music files and 29 programs

13. How can I link video and music files?