Help with Kernel32.dll!!!!!!!

How can I avoid the message of error by Kernel32.dll?

Post by Todd Burc » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> How can I avoid the message of error by Kernel32.dll?

        Doc :o),

        This is a common problem when using MAX with Win 98. It should
essentially disappear if you switch to NT. (Assuming your version is
legit...not accusing you though).

        -Todd
Todd Burch

www.uiuc.edu/~tburch

Mechanical Engineering

"He made it to the ocean--had a smoke and a drink.
The wind rose up and set him down on his knees"

Help with Kernel32.dll!!!!!!!

Post by Ewin » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Todd is (unfortunately) right.  If only Win98 didn't suck...........

Switch to NT.  Better yet, the release date for Win2000 is very soon, wait
for that instead.

Cheers,

Harley.

> > How can I avoid the message of error by Kernel32.dll?

> Doc :o),

> This is a common problem when using MAX with Win 98. It should
> essentially disappear if you switch to NT. (Assuming your version is
> legit...not accusing you though).

> -Todd
> --
> Todd Burch

> www.uiuc.edu/~tburch

> Mechanical Engineering

> "He made it to the ocean--had a smoke and a drink.
> The wind rose up and set him down on his knees"

Help with Kernel32.dll!!!!!!!

Post by SPAZ » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Switch to NT.  Better yet, the release date for Win2000 is very soon, wait
>for that instead.

That might not be a very good idea.....Win2000 is basically NT with Plug &
Play and a bunch of other bug-inducing additions.  Its going to take them a
while to work out the bugs, and many MAX users are still on NT Service Pack
3.

Anyone familiar with Microsoft knows that customers who buy major new
packages within 3-6 months of their release are essentially beta
testers.....whether they know it or not.

Help with Kernel32.dll!!!!!!!

Post by fb. » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> >Switch to NT.  Better yet, the release date for Win2000 is very soon,

> That might not be a very good idea.....Win2000 is basically NT with Plug &
> Play and a bunch of other bug-inducing additions.  Its going to take them
> a while to work out the bugs, and many MAX users are still on NT Service
> Pack 3.

What's wrong about using NT/SP5/Max?

   Adger.

--
Please be patient while rebooting reality.

Questions on 3DSMax? http://home.nordwest.net/Adger/index.html

Help with Kernel32.dll!!!!!!!

Post by Chri » Sat, 16 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Nothing, it's just that there's a lot of the "If it ain't broke, don't
fixit" mentality going round when you need to have absolute faith that your
machine isn't going to go down during a project. So since SP3 was stabil and
didn't have any working flaws with Max, a lot of people simply decided to
stick with it.

cheers,
--

Christopher Subagio
- The Illusionary

http://www.callnetuk.com/home/csubagio

> > >Switch to NT.  Better yet, the release date for Win2000 is very soon,

> > That might not be a very good idea.....Win2000 is basically NT with Plug
&
> > Play and a bunch of other bug-inducing additions.  Its going to take
them
> > a while to work out the bugs, and many MAX users are still on NT Service
> > Pack 3.

> What's wrong about using NT/SP5/Max?

>    Adger.

> --
> Please be patient while rebooting reality.

> Questions on 3DSMax? http://home.nordwest.net/Adger/index.html

1. ERROR: invalid page fault kernel32.dll HELP!

I have been experiencing this error "ERROR: invalid page fault in
kernel32.dll" each time I try to launch Photoshop 5.5. I have uninstalled
the app, and re-installed, still getting the error. Seems to be hanging when
the initialization hits the initializing "...type engine.." Any ideas as to
how to fix this problem? Photoshop will not even start, the error makes me
close the app. HELP!!

Thanks,
MDK.

2. Is Inventor on Win 95/Win NT?

3. HELP: Unable to Now Open/Create Files: Kernel32.dll cited

4. cool 3D ava app

5. Windows 95/PovRay 3.0 - PVENGINE.EXE / KERNEL32.DLL Page Fault Error

6. 3D Package - Need recommendation

7. kernel32.dll causes problems in PSP7 eval.

8. Pop-up menus in graphics mode: Summary

9. kernel32.dll error

10. (Version6) PSP caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL

11. kernel32.dll errors

12. kernel32.dll error