Getting FIELDS from a non-field sequence

Getting FIELDS from a non-field sequence

Post by Alberto Marcazza » Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi folks-

I'd like to know if there's any program that will let me take a sequence
rendered WITHOUT fields and convert it into a sequence WITH fields.
Please post or e-mail me if you have any information.

Thanx.
David Walden

Getting FIELDS from a non-field sequence

Post by nospa » Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Alberto Marcazzan schrieb:

Quote:> Hi folks-

> I'd like to know if there's any program that will let me take a sequence
> rendered WITHOUT fields and convert it into a sequence WITH fields.
> Please post or e-mail me if you have any information.

> Thanx.
> David Walden

That is not possible, because a field rendered animation contains two
DIFFERENT pictures for every field, so you cannot create the fields from the
2D result images. Sorry.

Martin

Getting FIELDS from a non-field sequence

Post by Garry Clark » Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:00:00

If you doubled the playback speed in a program like AfterEffects and set a
field render that would do the trick, but your animation would ply at double
speed.

I sometimes work like this if I know a sequence will be manipulated in AF a
lot:
Create the animation in max at 25fps (we're PAL here)
then change the frame rate to 50fps and render - this will render twice the
amount of frames.
Then import it into AF and tell AF that it is a 50fps sequence.
Render from AF at 25fps with fields.

Hope that helps

Garry Clarke

Getting FIELDS from a non-field sequence

Post by Orio » Sat, 01 May 1999 04:00:00

Here's what Max does to a bouncing ball in frame and then field rendering.

Frame rendered version:
  Frame 10 - the ball is heading for the ground.
  Frame 11 - the ball has hit the ground.

Field rendered version:
  Frame 10/field 1 - the ball is heading for the ground.
  Frame 10/field 2 - the ball is nearer the ground
  Frame 11/field 1 - the ball has just begun to hit the ground
  Frame 11/field 2 - the ball has hit the ground.

Field rendering in animation means you're displaying twice the amount of
information in the same amount of time. Programs like After Effects may be
able to chop up a frame into two fields but they will both contain the same
information. There will be no progression between the two frames because it
does not have the original 3D geometry to add any new in between motion.

Hope that helps.. Unfortunately this means that if you didn't originally
render your animation to fields and you really need the extra smoothness
you'll have to re-render. There's no other way around it. Sorry.

cheers,

O.
--
Fizzy Bean Productions
http://www.fizzybean.demon.co.uk

>Hi folks-

>I'd like to know if there's any program that will let me take a sequence
>rendered WITHOUT fields and convert it into a sequence WITH fields.
>Please post or e-mail me if you have any information.

>Thanx.
>David Walden

Getting FIELDS from a non-field sequence

Post by Max Aristof » Mon, 03 May 1999 04:00:00

there's right way: make(scale) your animation in your 3d package twice time
longer :) - then render it WITHOUT fields, then put it into AfterEffects
WITHOUT fields and make(scale) layer by time twice shorter, then render WITH
fields. that's all :)))
sorry my english