3dsmax.zip, 3dsmax and Win95 stuff..

3dsmax.zip, 3dsmax and Win95 stuff..

Post by Bridget A Cam » Mon, 28 Aug 1995 04:00:00



hi, I've seen a couple of requests for 3dsmax.zip.. and so I've uuencoded
it and posted it.. it should be in 5 parts.. oh, and to the people
speculating if 3dsmax will run under Win95 then.. take a gander at the
Screen shots.. it looks life our friends were running 3dsmax under a
Win95 beta..
                                          -Happy picture hunting.

 
 
 

3dsmax.zip, 3dsmax and Win95 stuff..

Post by Peter Wat » Mon, 28 Aug 1995 04:00:00



Quote:

>hi, I've seen a couple of requests for 3dsmax.zip.. and so I've uuencoded
>it and posted it.. it should be in 5 parts.. oh, and to the people
>speculating if 3dsmax will run under Win95 then.. take a gander at the
>Screen shots.. it looks life our friends were running 3dsmax under a
>Win95 beta..
>                                          -Happy picture hunting.

It was NOT Win95 BETA.  IT was Windows NT 3.51 running with the Win95 GUI
add on which is avaiable for beta testing.

Peter W.
Spectral Imaging

http://www.blarg.com/~peterw/spectral.html

 
 
 

3dsmax.zip, 3dsmax and Win95 stuff..

Post by Mark Schund » Fri, 01 Sep 1995 04:00:00



Or an NT beta...  

Quote:>hi, I've seen a couple of requests for 3dsmax.zip.. and so I've uuencoded
>it and posted it.. it should be in 5 parts.. oh, and to the people
>speculating if 3dsmax will run under Win95 then.. take a gander at the
>Screen shots.. it looks life our friends were running 3dsmax under a
>Win95 beta..
>                                          -Happy picture hunting.

 
 
 

3dsmax.zip, 3dsmax and Win95 stuff..

Post by Abraham Lewi » Fri, 01 Sep 1995 04:00:00


This has been covered here and you folks aren't following NT very well.

3DSMax was running on NT 3.5.1 with the beta of the new Win95 style GUI
for NT.  That is its simply a mod to give NT the same interface as 95.  
And NT, being up to version 3.5.1, could hardly said to be in beta.

  Abraham K. Lewis
  Jupiter, Florida



> Or an NT beta...  

> >hi, I've seen a couple of requests for 3dsmax.zip.. and so I've uuencoded
> >it and posted it.. it should be in 5 parts.. oh, and to the people
> >speculating if 3dsmax will run under Win95 then.. take a gander at the
> >Screen shots.. it looks life our friends were running 3dsmax under a
> >Win95 beta..
> >                                          -Happy picture hunting.

 
 
 

3dsmax.zip, 3dsmax and Win95 stuff..

Post by davi » Mon, 04 Sep 1995 04:00:00



>This has been covered here and you folks aren't following NT very well.

>3DSMax was running on NT 3.5.1 with the beta of the new Win95 style GUI
>for NT.  That is its simply a mod to give NT the same interface as 95.  
>And NT, being up to version 3.5.1, could hardly said to be in beta.

>  Abraham K. Lewis
>  Jupiter, Florida



>> Or an NT beta...  

>> >hi, I've seen a couple of requests for 3dsmax.zip.. and so I've uuencoded
>> >it and posted it.. it should be in 5 parts.. oh, and to the people
>> >speculating if 3dsmax will run under Win95 then.. take a gander at the
>> >Screen shots.. it looks life our friends were running 3dsmax under a
>> >Win95 beta..
>> >                                          -Happy picture hunting.

yep, Abraham is right

if you have been following win 95/NT and 3DS Max bulitins, you
will find that Max is based on open GL, currently not part of
Win 95.

David Telling

 
 
 

3dsmax.zip, 3dsmax and Win95 stuff..

Post by Geoff Baysing » Tue, 05 Sep 1995 04:00:00




>>This has been covered here and you folks aren't following NT very well.
>>> >speculating if 3dsmax will run under Win95 then.. take a gander at the
>if you have been following win 95/NT and 3DS Max bulitins, you
>will find that Max is based on open GL, currently not part of
>Win 95.

Uh oh ... what about when it does come out on win95 (openGL that is)
.. they are beta testing it now and did demos of it at SIGGRAPH (from
what I hear) ...

I somehow get the * feeling that even when OpenGL is out 3DS Max
may not run on win95 or we would have heard at least an "it's a
possibility" from the people who know ... right now this is all
speculation anyway ...


[                              http://www.veryComputer.com/~gbaysing      ]

[                              http://www.veryComputer.com/;             ]

 
 
 

3dsmax.zip, 3dsmax and Win95 stuff..

Post by Stefan_Did » Tue, 05 Sep 1995 04:00:00


Hi David,


>if you have been following win 95/NT and 3DS Max bulitins, you
>will find that Max is based on open GL, currently not part of
>Win 95.

Close but no sigar! It's not openGL, it's HOOPS. 3DS MAX is not
based on openGL, yet compatible with openGL hardware accelleration,
which is different from being based on openGL ;-)

Regards,
Stefan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Managing Director                FIDO       : 2:283/203.30
Animagic & Animagic Development  PCGnet     : 2:580/203.30
Doelstraat 147                   RenderRing : 511:8000/203.30
3011 AJ Rotterdam                Phone      : +31.10.412.5719
The Netherlands                  http://www.euronet.nl/users/sdidak/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Computer graphics, animations, broadcast design, and software development
for the graphics and broadcast industries. Autodesk Registered Developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------