Inconsistent Dynamics

Post by Twee » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 07:59:01

I have 3dsmax v. 3.1

I have it installed on two systems in my office. I was doing a dynamics
simulation on one, but I needed to use that system, so I shut down max and
opened the file up on the other computer. I erased the keyframes from the
file and re-started the dynamics solve. To my dismay, it behaved completely
differently on one system than another.

The simulation is 5 cylinders falling onto a box and then onto a floor. On
the faster pc, everything looks great once the physics are solved and you
play the animation back. On the slower pc, everything moves in slow motion.
Ie, faster cpu first impact with box is after 15 frames; slower pc not until
80 frames!

I have testeed many times since then, and one of my PCs handles dynamics
totally differently than the other. They have thee exact same build of
3dsmax running. Does anyone know whether dynamics in 3dsmax 3.1 is affected
by CPU speed / video card?

I run max in direct3d.

System 1:
P4 1.8 ghz
Radeon 8500

System 2:
P3 866 mhz
Radeon 64mb DDR

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Tweek.

Inconsistent Dynamics

Post by daev » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 09:21:31

check to see if the units are set up the same on both machines....that would
cause that to happen.....
hope this works..  :)

daev

Quote:> I have 3dsmax v. 3.1