Max 5 + Logi. MX700 Mouse

Post by Doug Elliso » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 03:13:42

Anyone got this mouse behaving properly in Max?  the middle button/wheel
doesnt play ball properly when trying to move, zoom and rotate the
perspective view!

Cheers

Doug

Max 5 + Logi. MX700 Mouse

Post by Doug Elliso » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 06:10:48

Quote:> Anyone got this mouse behaving properly in Max?  the middle button/wheel
> doesnt play ball properly when trying to move, zoom and rotate the
> perspective view!

> Cheers

> Doug

Got it -needed to set the middle button to actually perform the action of
'middle button' in the logitech driver stuff

Doug

Max 5 + Logi. MX700 Mouse

Post by Arkla » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:39:16

i have this mouse... fantastic isnt it?

> > Anyone got this mouse behaving properly in Max?  the middle button/wheel
> > doesnt play ball properly when trying to move, zoom and rotate the
> > perspective view!

> > Cheers

> > Doug

> Got it -needed to set the middle button to actually perform the action of
> 'middle button' in the logitech driver stuff

> Doug

Max 5 + Logi. MX700 Mouse

Post by Doug Elliso » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:32:23

Quote:> i have this mouse... fantastic isnt it?

HELL yeah -I got it as part of their cordless MX bundle.

Doug

1. Lost right mouse button in Max 4

(Sorry for the cross-post, but I don't know which group is more active right
now.  alt.3d.studio seems pretty dead...)

Don't know what happened, but all of a sudden, I can't use the right
mouse button in Max 4.  It works in all other apps, so it's not a
hardware issue.  It even still works in Max in any text-field in the
UI, so I can copy/paste.  But I can't access any context-sensitive
menus or other quads.  It also doesn't cancel tools the way it used
to.  (For instance, if you have Turn Edges on in an editable mesh,
right-clicking should go back to the Move Tool...)  I first noticed
this a few days ago.  I discovered that for most things, I can live
without it.  I can manually deactivate tool buttons, and most of the
options available in quads exist somewhere else.  But I've just now
run across one thing I can't do.  With an editable spline, I can't
change a point type between corner/smooth/bezier.  Is there some way
to get those menus back?  It's starting to bother me now.  The only
option related to the right mouse button I found anywhere was the
"Right Click Menu Over Selected Only" option in the Preferences, but
this doesn't seem to do anything at all.  Anybody have a clue on this
one?

2. Texture-mapping of sphere-like objects

3. My right mouse button doesn't work in MAX 4.2

4. Wordspacing problem Win98 PM6.0

5. Mouse motion capture in MAX?

6. Info on KBV, gil and UT format wanted

7. 3D Studio Max 2.5 Mouse Toggle Question

8. opengl on different operating systems

9. FREE *new interactive tutorial* HOWTO: use motion detection in max with your mouse

10. REQ: ---- Looking for 3DS (MAX) Object of a -- Mouse (Microsoft) ----

11. max mouse trouble

12. Free Mouse Utilites at the Micropoint Mouse alternative site