convert .max to openGL

Post by Marce » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 23:57:11

Hi all,

i know this is probably an old question but i am nearly new to this.

so, how can i convert a .max file with all lights and textures to
openGL/C++ code?
does anyone know some freeware to deal with this?
all i have found until now are some freeware tools that only deal with
.3ds files.
it would help me also if someone could tell me where to find
specifications about
the .max file format so i could write my own translator.

regards
marcel

convert .max to openGL

Post by greg » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:05:00

hey marcel this will help,,

i'm in the same boat, i've found some nice stuff for this recently

the trial version lets you import/export many many file types and
cpp/opengl is one of the export options.. sweet

definitely a good start in figuring out a bit about 3ds format and opengl
display of 3ds objects

greg