convert new version to older version

Post by Mary O'Gwyn » Tue, 04 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I am in desparate need of a program or plug-in that will allow me to save
down files from a newer version of 3ds to an older version.  Specifically, I
need to open version 2 files in version 1.2.

Mary
Atlanta

convert new version to older version

Post by lizard_h.. » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I am in desparate need of a program or plug-in that will allow me to
save
> down files from a newer version of 3ds to an older version.
Specifically, I
> need to open version 2 files in version 1.2.

> Mary
> Atlanta

==----------
>    http://www.newsfeeds.com       The Largest Usenet Servers in the
World!
> ------== Over 73,000 Newsgroups - Including  Dedicated  Binaries
Servers ==-----

The only way I can think of is to EXPORT them as .3ds files and then
IMPORT them in 1.X
--
Lizard Head
www.homestead.com/3dstudio/index.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

convert new version to older version

Post by Mary O'Gwyn » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

any ideas on how i might find something to convert the .max files to .3ds
files.....i only have version 1.2.  i don't have access to version 2 in
order to export.

Mary

>The only way I can think of is to EXPORT them as .3ds files and then
>IMPORT them in 1.X
>--
>Lizard Head
>www.homestead.com/3dstudio/index.html

convert new version to older version

Post by lizard_h.. » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> any ideas on how i might find something to convert the .max files to
.3ds
> files.....i only have version 1.2.  i don't have access to version 2
in
> order to export.

> Mary

> >The only way I can think of is to EXPORT them as .3ds files and then
> >IMPORT them in 1.X
> >--
> >Lizard Head
> >www.homestead.com/3dstudio/index.html

==----------
>    http://www.newsfeeds.com       The Largest Usenet Servers in the
World!
> ------== Over 73,000 Newsgroups - Including  Dedicated  Binaries
Servers ==-----

There is no application I can think of that will do what you ask, maybe
polytrans may work here, other then that you may be able to get someone
here to export them for you. E mail me with details and if the files
aren't that sizable and there isn't many of them maybe I can do it for
you.
--
Lizard Head
www.homestead.com/3dstudio/index.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. PBM+ version/new version (?)

What is the most current verson of PBM+?  The last one that I'm able to find is
circa 1991 (with a few patches in that same year.)  Has anyone (other than me
heard that there was a /newer/ version somewhere?

Jeffrey E. Hundstad
AS/400 System/Network Adminstrator
Mankato State University
Mankato Minnesota, USA
44 8'N 93 59'W

2. MAX-modifiers(PHYSIQUE)

3. New version of TequilaScream - Version 0.99

4. XiStrat-0.5.68 announcement

5. Need old version of LView

6. getting XfBox in camera-space?

7. old version of micrografx designer

8. Mildly older version of BMRT?

9. ZDNET has old POV-Ray version in its freebie graphics library

10. rayshade old version