most active web forums

Post by Brent » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 09:34:57

What web site has the largest forum community for 3ds?

most active web forums

Post by Angus Thermopyl » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:19:20

Right here dude!

Quote:> What web site has the largest forum community for 3ds?

most active web forums

Post by Brent » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 13:03:28

yeeeeeeah... heh, well, frankly I was hoping so, and while I've seen a
few questions helpfully answered (some by yourself), I'm afraid that
to an outsider, it seems to be a bit of a rough group.  That's fun if
that's what you're looking for and if that's what the majority is
after.   Not exactly what I need at the moment though.  :)

I've read back in the group a bit and if people ask a question, the
most common result seems to be that you get ignored, get accused of
being a warez simian or get answers along the lines of "if you had any
skill you could do it, so I won't waste my time answering you".  I
posted a message with several questions, and you are the only person
that posted a reply of any sort.  Perhaps I didn't ask my questions in
an understandable way due to my lack of topic knowledge, but again,
after reading back, my experience isn't uncommon.

Maybe I haven't caught you all at your best as I'm reading back to
when Shridhar was stealing Combustion and was then asking for help
with 3ds.  I've also seen the near daily posts for activation keys, so
I understand that it's not the happiest place on earth... IF you let
that stuff get to you.  The option not being exercised by the majority
is of course to ignore the chimps and help the newbies.

Realize none of this is meant as a flame or even as a complaint, just
an observation from an outsider plowing through a lot of stuff to get
some decent info. :)

>Right here dude!

>> What web site has the largest forum community for 3ds?

most active web forums

Post by Angus Thermopyl » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 14:07:40

Yup, those are fair comments you made, Brent. This newsgroup can get tough
at times, even for little ol' gentle me ;-). It seems to go in cycles. For
several weeks there will be some great discussions on various aspects of max
and CG by the seasoned regulars here. Then they'll go off, perhaps to do max
stuff or *gasp* family affairs. During this down time the warez monkeys will
slither in seeking stuff and it's a great opportunity to vent some steam
(hee, hee!). Then the good discussions start up again. And so on.

As for some decent forums I can offer a couple to start with and through
these you could find out about more. Probably the most helpful would be the
forums at discreet's site (where I frequent) www.discreet.com , which you're
probably already aware of. Another popular one is at
http://www.3dlinks.com/forums.cfm where you can have access to a wide
variety of CG apps and topics, including max. I'll dig around for more deep
in my favorites but I think this is a good start. Also, check out some of
the forums of leading U.K. CG magazines such as 3D Arts.

Have fun.

> yeeeeeeah... heh, well, frankly I was hoping so, and while I've seen a
> few questions helpfully answered (some by yourself), I'm afraid that
> to an outsider, it seems to be a bit of a rough group.  That's fun if
> that's what you're looking for and if that's what the majority is
> after.   Not exactly what I need at the moment though.  :)

> I've read back in the group a bit and if people ask a question, the
> most common result seems to be that you get ignored, get accused of
> being a warez simian or get answers along the lines of "if you had any
> skill you could do it, so I won't waste my time answering you".  I
> posted a message with several questions, and you are the only person
> that posted a reply of any sort.  Perhaps I didn't ask my questions in
> an understandable way due to my lack of topic knowledge, but again,
> after reading back, my experience isn't uncommon.

> Maybe I haven't caught you all at your best as I'm reading back to
> when Shridhar was stealing Combustion and was then asking for help
> with 3ds.  I've also seen the near daily posts for activation keys, so
> I understand that it's not the happiest place on earth... IF you let
> that stuff get to you.  The option not being exercised by the majority
> is of course to ignore the chimps and help the newbies.

> Realize none of this is meant as a flame or even as a complaint, just
> an observation from an outsider plowing through a lot of stuff to get
> some decent info. :)

> >Right here dude!

> >> What web site has the largest forum community for 3ds?

most active web forums

Post by AL200 » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:35:47

If you dig Russian interface or have a good intuition, go here:
http://www.adelavida.com.ua/Forums/?Idx=4Soft.3D+Studio+Max&StartVsQu...

Quote:> What web site has the largest forum community for 3ds?

most active web forums

Post by Nicola » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:46:24

- Official Discreet boards support.discreet.com
- THE CG forums : www.cgtalk.com
- Daily 3dsmax news : www.maxunderground.com/mu/
- 3dsmax ressources : www.3dbuzz.com
- 3dsmax free scripts : www.scriptspot.com
- 3dssmax free scripts/plugins : www.maxplugins.de
- 3dsmax news : max3d.3dluvr.com
- CG news : www.insidecg.com
- CG challenges : www.cgchallenge.com
- THE CG gallery : www.raph.com

Hope helpfull ,-) I would personnally recommand www.cgtalk.com, fast forums,
and really nice help, lot of helpfull pros, etc..

Kib
www.kicrea.com

56000 Vannes, France phone : +33(0)2.97.40.51.22 - +33(0)6.62.62.19.65

Post by AL200 » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:02:03

Quote:> Hope helpfull ,-) I would personnally recommand www.cgtalk.com, fast
forums,
> and really nice help, lot of helpfull pros, etc..

Very uncomfortable.