Snapshot procedural texture?

Post by nospa » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

I'd like to snapshot a procedural texture because it takes quite long to
render but does not change anymore from a certain point in the
animation.

Is there a plugin / function in MAX2?

Thank you!

Snapshot procedural texture?

Post by Steve Corneliso » Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:00:00

How about just assigning the material to a box that fills a viewport and
rendering that viewport.....put the proc. map you want in the diffuse
slot...there ya go..

cheers,
     steve

> Hi!

> I'd like to snapshot a procedural texture because it takes quite long to
> render but does not change anymore from a certain point in the
> animation.

> Is there a plugin / function in MAX2?

> Thank you!

1. Procedural Textures / Realtime Textured Sphere rendering

Hi There,

I am (also) looking for information on how to render as near as damn it
perfect spheres and texture map them.  I know it's a lot to ask, but I am
aiming high to try and achieve the best results:

I want to be able to texture map a sphere with a pattern, give it realistic
shading - close to phong would be nice! - so there is one or more specular
highlights and possibly environment map a reflection into/onto it.

And now here's the crunch.  I'd like to be able to render as many as 20
spheres realtime, very, very quickly, as quick as possible as there is some
other triangle based rendering to be performed at the same time.

If anyone has information on very very fast algo's to phong shade or
procedurally texture spheres, create highlights or quickly environment map a
sphere, I would be very grateful.

Thanks a bunch

Ian

p.s. any help on fast shadow algorithms would be appreciated too, see my
other post!
p.p.s remove nospam for direct replies.

2. Comprehensive list of Direct3D changes for DX9

3. wtd: procedural texture to simulate wood grain

4. Need Windows GDI help

5. Procedural Texture Generator

6. concerning timing of various gl functions

7. Procedural Texture Synthesis Web Page

8. Trouble placing Word 6.0 text

9. procedural texture

10. procedural mountain textures for povray - where are they?

11. Procedural Textures/Shaders for Imagine for Windows

12. Imagine Procedural Textures Available.