matting with camera match

Post by Alessandro Canoss » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

please I really need to know how to match the camera position with the
position of the camera of a picture I am using as background... I tried to
follog the instructions in the reference manual, but it's not clear enough
and it didn't work at all.
I have to put the camera in my project in the same position of the camera
that took the picture I'm using as background. All that in order to fit the
objects I have modeled in a real environment.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Alessandro

matting with camera match

Post by Chri » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

In a nutshell:

- Create the campoints (helpers, CamerMatch I think) and place them in 3D,
where the points really are. You should have selected some points when you
took the image, and meassured their locations in 3space according to some
common reference. Place the campoints at these coordinates.

- Load the background picture you have as the background image in the
perspective viewport. Fire up the Camera Match utility and add the points
one by one (pick the point, hit 'use this point', click assign position),
aligning them with the points you measured in the picture.

- Hit the create camera button. My experience is that it usually still needs
a little tweaking to get just right, since resulotion is lost all over in
spades, and measurements can fall short of perfectly acurate.

Good Luck!

cheers,

--

Christopher Subagio
- The Illusionary

http://www.callnetuk.com/home/csubagio

Quote:> please I really need to know how to match the camera position with the
> position of the camera of a picture I am using as background... I tried to
> follog the instructions in the reference manual, but it's not clear enough
> and it didn't work at all.
> I have to put the camera in my project in the same position of the camera
> that took the picture I'm using as background. All that in order to fit
the
> objects I have modeled in a real environment.

> Thanks in advance for the help.

> Alessandro

matting with camera match

Post by Tzn » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> please I really need to know how to match the camera position with the
> position of the camera of a picture I am using as background... I tried to
> follog the instructions in the reference manual, but it's not clear enough
> and it didn't work at all.
> I have to put the camera in my project in the same position of the camera
> that took the picture I'm using as background. All that in order to fit
the
> objects I have modeled in a real environment.

Hmmm.. I am now wondering how did you placed your background picture?
Probably placed it on some object or something, than you fixed the camera to
get it in full screen... Tough job...
Just do the following, if you want to render objects with the picture in the
background:
Take your scene with the objects, go to material editor, and pick one of
free material slots.
In the diffuse tab click on the map, and add a bitmap map.
In bitmap parameters, click on the empty button and add your background
picture.
On coordinates tab click on the Environ  and pick Screen mapping.
Name your map "Background" or something.
Then in Rendering menu go to Environment. Click on "Use Map", and "None"
button. in the Material/Map browser that appears, choose "Scene" in Browse
From and pick your Background map.
There you go... Ready for rendering.

You can even see it in an Viewport. Go to Views menu, and pick Background
image. Click on "Use Environment Background" and "Display Background"

Hope that helped... Bye

--

http://solair.EUnet.yu/~tzn

1. Matching mat board color

I would like to create a background that matches a mat board's color. Do
the mat board manufacturers such as Bainbridge and Crescent provide the
rgb or cmyk numbers for their mat boards? Are there other ways to get
such a match? Thanks.

2. How Do I fwrite() and fread() A Structure that contains pointers to dynamic data

3. camera match, camera tracking

4. Truespace poly reduction??

5. MAT to ASCII and ASCII to MAT

6. CONVERTING FLC INTO AVI?

7. Camera match and Aspect Ratio

8. Chrome Filter?

9. Camera Match

10. Camera Match question

11. Camera Matching good tutorial???

12. camera match problem

13. where can I find a CAMERA MATCH TUTORIAL?