Path modifier related help!

Post by Russel » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:21:13

Good morning to you all,

Ive created a small animation where some very basic odd looking characters,
yoda and darth are fighting...(dilliberate so its funny!)...but theres one
point where darth grabs yoda with 'the force' and then bounces him on the
ground a couple of times etc.

then you see a close up of yoda upside down with what will be small birds
flying round his head.  the good old unconcious type thingy!

But to do thi si think you need the path modifier or something.

If so, how would i control the speed that they travel along the path, and
can i make them go more than once round it, ie greater than 360.

Any help on this matter would be most appreciated!

All the best to you all,

Russell

Path modifier related help!

Post by Jan Gruet » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:06:49

hi,

i think you just would have to use the path constraint! not the
path deform (for what!??!)
the birds are travelling along a spline - no need to deform them
along that spline, right?
and the speed is perfectly controllable via the trackview!

i hope i understood what you meant ^_^
Jan

Path modifier related help!

Post by Jan Gruet » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:08:09

hehe - i should read before i post ;)

i believe you actually meant the path constraint.... nevermind ^_^

Jan

Path modifier related help!

Post by Russel » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:09:39

Cheers anyway!  :-D

Ill have a go, see which work the best!

Many thanks,

Russell.

Quote:> hehe - i should read before i post ;)

> i believe you actually meant the path constraint.... nevermind ^_^

> Jan

1. PathDeform Modifier and Pick Path Parameter

Hello

I'm creating skid marks which by the way I can thank you people for.
Anyways I'm using the PathDeform Modifer on a box to create the skid
over a known
path (through photogrammetry and acad).  So it is important that when I
pick the path for the PathDeform Modifier it stays right on the curves
that I've imported into max.
Is there anyway for the modifier path to line up directly on the curve
that was imported.
It always seems to line up well at the start but is always off by the
end of the curve.
Am I missing something here or is this just the way it works.

Regards and Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays
Pierre

2. looking for Virtus

3. Path modifier for Max would be great

4. *** READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

5. motion capture modifier help?

6. HELP! NEED Grapple modifier for Max2

7. Copying a modifier from one object to another - help please

8. Help:Stp_check modifier

9. X-Form modifier in Max 1.2 ... please help

10. HELP, PLEASE--Clipping Paths Help Needed Quickly

11. Help!! Help on Clipping Paths