another shadow issue

Post by Groucho Mar » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Is there a way to get a cloudgizmo to cast
correct shadows on a ground?. I am using
a omni light as a sun (with cast shadow on)
and I have tried a few things, but none of them
have worked.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thank You.

another shadow issue

Blur offers a free plug-in which allows atmospherics to cast shadows.

take a look at www.blur.cmo

Hamish

> Is there a way to get a cloudgizmo to cast
> correct shadows on a ground?. I am using
> a omni light as a sun (with cast shadow on)
> and I have tried a few things, but none of them
> have worked.

> Any help would be appriciated.

> Thank You.

another shadow issue

Post by Jobbert van Strie » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Wait for max3. It has the atmospheric shadows option.

jobbert

another shadow issue

Post by Hamish van Groenevel » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> Wait for max3. It has the atmospheric shadows option.

> jobbert

because the have incorporated the plug-in by blur.

Hamish

another shadow issue

Post by Wiro » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

It has?? THAT'S one great reason alone to upgrade! :)

Quote:

> Wait for max3. It has the atmospheric shadows option.

> jobbert

another shadow issue

Post by Jobbert van Strie » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

actually, the new lights in max 3 are from blur, that explains the two
answers.
jobbert

another shadow issue

Post by Jobbert van Strie » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

It's not like afterburner/pyrocluster etc. It has no self shadowing or
something. A gizmo filled with fog can cast a shadow on another object. Nice
anyway.
jobbert

another shadow issue

Post by Jobbert van Strie » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Are we in different timezones or something, or typing simultaneously? Kind
of telepathic
jobbert

1. - Motion blurred shadows issue -

Hi all -

Anyone knows what the current situation with motion blurred
shadows is in 3.8?

But also, ... :

Create a ground plane (object A)
Create a cylinder standing vertical and resting on the plane (object B)
Light the the cylinder with, let's say, a spotlight (object C)
Result : a shadow on B

- Now, if A is moving, the shadow is NOT motion blurred (it should).
- If B is moving, the shadow IS motion blurred (it shouldn't).
- If C is moving, the shadow is NOT motion blurred (it should)... but
this one is not as annoying as the two previous ?

We all know why things currently happen like that but basically
I'm looking for a workaround. The creature I'm currently working on
is heavily motion blurred (...producers!) and the fact that the
shadows aren't properly blurred becomes obvious.

Anyone ?
Thanks in advance.

Elie Jamaa.

2. Plug-in

3. shadows shadows shadows...

4. Who can explain: Alpha-Channel?

5. LW6.5 r2 beta, Multi-threading issue + Baker issue

6. ImageStyler

7. Shadow maps and soft shadows

8. Best for scanned snap shot enhancement: PSP or Adobe PS ?

9. Shadow quality vs shadow ray visibility

10. - shadow.jpeg (0/2) shadow.jpeg

11. - shadow.jpeg (2/2) shadow.jpeg

12. - shadow.jpeg (1/2) shadow.jpeg

13. Ray traced shadows create false shadow