New Hardware Lock - requires reinstallation?

New Hardware Lock - requires reinstallation?

Post by Spomo D. Spath » Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hello all,

If one replaces there hardware lock with a new one, do you need to reinstall
3DS Max, or is it as simple as just replacing the lock, starting Max,
getting a new code and calling KTX?

Thanks.

-Spomo

New Hardware Lock - requires reinstallation?

Post by Bubb » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

The simple answers are usually the best ones. Call and get your code.
Bubba

Quote:> Hello all,

> If one replaces there hardware lock with a new one, do you need to
reinstall
> 3DS Max, or is it as simple as just replacing the lock, starting Max,
> getting a new code and calling KTX?

> Thanks.

> -Spomo

New Hardware Lock - requires reinstallation?

Post by Hamis » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Not.

MAX itself is not tied to a specific lock.
Plug-ins are.

Hamish

Still:

Quote:> The simple answers are usually the best ones.

:)

> Bubba

> > Hello all,

> > If one replaces there hardware lock with a new one, do you need to
> reinstall
> > 3DS Max, or is it as simple as just replacing the lock, starting Max,
> > getting a new code and calling KTX?

> > Thanks.

> > -Spomo

1. Does LW7 require hardware lock?

I'm playing around with the LW demo in Inside Lightwave 7 and getting really
close to buying a real version. But I have a severe phobia to hardware
locks. I've heard that 7.0 doesn't require hardware lock for Windows but in
the 7.0 manual it says: "Run Lightwave to get your hardware serial number.
Write this number down ... and send it to NewTek to get complete your
registration."

So does LW7 for Windows require hardware lock or not?

2. Pantones!

3. New Purchase - Hardware Lock not Found

4. gnuplot GIFs on NT

5. 3d studio max hardware lock

6. ?Envíe su felicitación al Canciller uruguayo!

7. Hardware Lock Removals?

8. Rendering Workshop call for papers

9. 3DS 3.0 hardware lock??

10. combustion: without the hardware lock?

11. Hardware lock problem

12. Hardware lock solved

13. Sentinal Drivers /hardware locks