Help with Chroma Keying

Post by Russel » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 22:36:26

Good Morning/Afternoon,

What software can i use for "Blue-screening, or chroma-keying", as its more
commonly called?

Many Thanks in advance,

Kindest Regards,

Russell

Help with Chroma Keying

Post by Jan Gruet » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 22:51:19

as i wrote a few postings down...

<paste>
any compositing software like:

adobe aftereffects
eyeon digital fusion
discreet combustion
etc etc

most editing softwares also will do, like:

adobe premiere
ulead media studio pro
etc etc

the function usually is called chroma key.

bye
Jan

Help with Chroma Keying

Post by John » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 01:42:02

I've played with chromakeying before with live video.  If you're doing it
with a software package and overlaying something live on to something
animated (or something like that), it's pretty simple because you can define
a constant chromakey color.

But if you plan on doing it live, then make sure you have good, strong
lighting to make sure the background (blue/green screen) comes as close to a
constant color as you can.  Believe it or not, we did it with a bedsheet and
strong lights and it worked pretty well.  But be prepared to experiment for
a while until you get it the way you like it.

Good luck !

John

Quote:> Good Morning/Afternoon,

> What software can i use for "Blue-screening, or chroma-keying", as its
more
> commonly called?

> Many Thanks in advance,

> Kindest Regards,

> Russell

Help with Chroma Keying

Post by Russel » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:15:25

Many thanks chaps.  I'll give it a go!

> I've played with chromakeying before with live video.  If you're doing it
> with a software package and overlaying something live on to something
> animated (or something like that), it's pretty simple because you can
define
> a constant chromakey color.

> But if you plan on doing it live, then make sure you have good, strong
> lighting to make sure the background (blue/green screen) comes as close to
> constant color as you can.  Believe it or not, we did it with a bedsheet
and
> strong lights and it worked pretty well.  But be prepared to experiment
for
> a while until you get it the way you like it.

> Good luck !

> John

> > Good Morning/Afternoon,

> > What software can i use for "Blue-screening, or chroma-keying", as its
> more
> > commonly called?

> > Many Thanks in advance,

> > Kindest Regards,

> > Russell

1. Need help with chroma key / blue screen software algorithms.

Hello,

Does anyone out there know of any software algorithms or computer
graphics image processing C/C++ libraries which perform chroma keying on
24 bits/pixel photographs of people sitting in front of solid color
backgrounds?

The "solid" color background will be noisy and perhaps wrinkled since
these people are sitting in front of either a colored cardboard or cloth
(typically white or blue) backdrop. The shadows cast by the subject on
the backdrops need to be eliminated also.) I need to be able to create an
"AND mask" which when applied to the image will extract just the person
out of the picture, replacing the background with black, without "eating"
the subject's hair. My adhoc attempts at this are giving my subjects crew
cuts and bizzare hair-do's! :-) I plan to take the subjects and apply
them to other backgrounds by ANDing the inverse of the AND mask to the
background and then ORing in the subject.

I realize there are video capture boards (like the Targa+) which will do
this for you in hardware, but I am short on cash and have already taken
all of my photographs. My subjects would be put through a lot of
inconvience if I would have to re-shoot them.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Lee Rhoads

2. Question:Alias VRML2 vertex animation

3. HELP: chroma key map type?

4. glosary

5. Chroma Key

6. Mac Quicktime on O2

7. Anti-aliasing in Alias and chroma-key problems

8. Chroma keying on Galileo

9. Chroma-keying with TGA and DTA

10. chroma key colour

11. Looking for RGB mixer board with chroma-keying for Mac II