HELP !!! how to do character animation

Post by David Adam » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi! I have access to MAX at my school, and love doing animations with
it. I can animate bones of a character, but I have a problem using it
with a mesh of any sort. How should I go about taking my mesh of a
person (or at least my "attempt" at a mesh of a person) and attaching it
to the bones in a way so that it's arms would flex when the bones move,
and the mesh's leg would move when the bones leg moves etc. The bones
are the same basic size as the mesh, but how do I link parts of the mesh
to the bones in such a way that the mesh will move?

        Thanks in Advance for any help!