Which 3D Graphics Accelerator should I buy?

Which 3D Graphics Accelerator should I buy?

Post by Matt B » Sun, 10 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi all -

I'm thinking of getting a PCI 3d graphics accelerater card to go along with my
new Pentium motherboard.  Are there any which perform particularly well with
3DS?  Better yet -- are there any which Autodesk is supporting in the form of
drivers for the next release which will enable realtime shaded modeling,
FLIC playback, or other perks?

Please cc me with email if you respond.  Thanks -

Matt

---------------

      The A-Bomb Company - Art and Design Contracting
      http://www.abomb.com
      "Good, honest American kids...just doing what needs to be done."

Which 3D Graphics Accelerator should I buy?

Post by Jeff Jasp » Mon, 11 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm thinking of getting a PCI 3d graphics accelerater card to go along with my
>new Pentium motherboard.  Are there any which perform particularly well with
>3DS?  Better yet -- are there any which Autodesk is supporting in the form of
>drivers for the next release which will enable realtime shaded modeling,
>FLIC playback, or other perks?

3DS wont have support for 3d Accelerators till MAX, and then I would
look at Higher end cards over the game cards. You will want one that
supports the HOOPS API. Many of the Glint based cards will have
support for 3DS MAX.

Jeff