Crazy winlogon.exe...

Post by Bartosz Majewsk » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:21:19

Hello,
I have a serious problem with my Windows XP using 3D Studio MAX R5 (and
R4.2)...
When I launch the program, winlogon.exe process just gets crazy... CPU Usage
for this process is continously oscilating between 20% and 90% when 3ds is
running, memory usage is also fluctuating... Interesting thing is, that even
if I close 3D Studio, nothing changes. I must reboot system to fix this.
Perhaps I don't have to say, that after launching 3D Studio, the whole
system works like it had bunch of mud inside... Have you ever had to do with
such kind of problem? Maybe there is some patch, that fixes the problem? My
system configuration is following: Windows XP (SP1), 3D Studio MAX R5 (the
same thing is when using R4.2), Pentium IV 2.0, 512 DDR, GeForce 4 Ti4200
128MB... Thans for any piece of information concerning my problem...

Majek.

Crazy winlogon.exe...

Post by Jan Gruet » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:37:47

see answer in alt.3d.studio :)

Jan