Ideas on text handling in an animation?

Post by Everett Hicke » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 22:31:43

Without either writing a script, or cheating (using visual tricks w/ hidden
objects), anyone know a way to make text "type in" at a set rate, preferably
with a blinking green cursor?

Also anyone know of any plugins or settings that will allow me to title,
subtitle, or generally put some text that is not part of the scene on top of
either a rendered animation, or during postedit, etc?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Everett Hickey
"With the basest of companions have I walked the streets of Houston."
                                                                   - St
Augustine...  sorta.

Ideas on text handling in an animation?

Post by Doug Elliso » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 22:41:32

Quote:> Without either writing a script, or cheating (using visual tricks w/
hidden
> objects), anyone know a way to make text "type in" at a set rate,
preferably
> with a blinking green cursor?

> Also anyone know of any plugins or settings that will allow me to title,
> subtitle, or generally put some text that is not part of the scene on top
of
> either a rendered animation, or during postedit, etc?

This may help a little - http://www.cuneytozdas.com/software/  -
specifically
http://www.cuneytozdas.com/software/CounterText/counter_v4_0.zip

Other than that - you can have counting text as a layer in After Effects -
and Premiere has a titling facility

Best of luck

Doug

1. handling massive text replacement in RIBs..

Ok, I got a bit too audacious for my britches, and spat out a 4gb
animation, 720 frames at 5.5mb per RIB for each frame. While this is
small for the Pixar guys, this is truely enormous for a single user.
trying to make shader adjustments and even slight modifications takes
a huge amount of time with basic shareware search and replace
utilities. Can anyone recommend text tools (for windows) that can
tackle such a massive job? I was using Advanced Search and Replace and
that just chokes on the 5mb files... I need match and replace large
chunks of text too..

Thanks -

2. Wanted Artist with PalmOS device - Paid Work

3. Vector Text Losing it's Rotate Handle

4. FF: 934,162 cpu-days of render time.

5. Text handling in PS 5.5

6. AMD K6 anyone?

7. HELP: How to handle Boolean on TEXT ???

8. KEYFRAMING TEXT: can you add text from input file to animation

9. Any ideas: problems with text image on glass??

10. animation bezier handle adjustment

11. simultaneous handling of animation (graphics 32)