Screen hardcopy of the 3ds keyframer screen?

Screen hardcopy of the 3ds keyframer screen?

Post by Jari Oja » Thu, 16 Mar 1995 23:37:12

I have a simple question: How can You make a simple screen hardcopy
of the 3d studio screen while You are in the keyframer? I want to get a
simple plot of the paths. Thanks in advance,

Jari Ojala

--

                +46 8 752 1574  16428 Kista, Sweden

Screen hardcopy of the 3ds keyframer screen?

Post by Billy Be » Sat, 18 Mar 1995 00:08:33

Quote:>I have a simple question: How can You make a simple screen hardcopy
>of the 3d studio screen while You are in the keyframer? I want to get a
>simple plot of the paths. Thanks in advance,

     Here's how I would do that:

     My autoexec.bat file contains the line -

     "set screengrab = yes"  (no quotes, of course)

     From that point, a simple "ctrl-print screen" keystroke combination in 3DS
will result in a file save dialogue, which will save the resulting screen grab to
the file name of my choice.

     I would dump the new file to my laser printer.  (I use JSC's Paint Shop Pro
for such things.)

     Your word "plot" makes me a bit uncomfortable.  (I'm an ACAD user as well.)
It's not like you'll get a scaled plot that you could lay a ruler on, or anything.
However, you can get screen dumps & print them.

     Good luck.

Billy

Post by Tim Forca » Sat, 18 Mar 1995 05:41:50

: I have a simple question: How can You make a simple screen hardcopy
: of the 3d studio screen while You are in the keyframer? I want to get a
: simple plot of the paths. Thanks in advance,

: Jari Ojala

: --

:               +46 8 752 1574  16428 Kista, Sweden

In DOS or in your 3DS.BAT file, put the command
SET SCREENGRAB=YES

Then, in 3DS, press control PrintScreen.  3DS will
pause for a moment while it grabs the screen. It will
then ask you for a filename.  It uses the extension
of the name you give it to decide on the file format.
Captured files go into the IMAGES directory.

Terry Gilbert
Forcade & Associates

Post by Cal Sawy » Mon, 20 Mar 1995 07:49:57

: >I have a simple question: How can You make a simple screen hardcopy
: >of the 3d studio screen while You are in the keyframer? I want to get a
: >simple plot of the paths. Thanks in advance,

:      Here's how I would do that:

:      My autoexec.bat file contains the line -

:      "set screengrab = yes"  (no quotes, of course)

:      From that point, a simple "ctrl-print screen" keystroke combination in 3DS
: will result in a file save dialogue, which will save the resulting screen grab to
: the file name of my choice.

That's a good fix, alright, but I'm *sure* that I was able to scrren dump
direct to an generic DM printer by starting DOS's graphic.com before
starting 3DS, which handles the printing of non-text characters. Haven't
done this in quite a while, but I'm fairly certain this worked fine.

--

Screen hardcopy of the 3ds keyframer screen?

Post by Benjamin George Gunsberge » Wed, 22 Mar 1995 07:37:11

I remember hearing of an undocumented feature that lets you use the
printscreen button to capture Targa files of the screen.

I think you need to put a line in the 3ds.set file which says something
like: screencapture=on

I'll try to find out exactly what it was and post it here.

Post by Tim Forca » Tue, 21 Mar 1995 05:54:15

: : >I have a simple question: How can You make a simple screen hardcopy
: : >of the 3d studio screen while You are in the keyframer? I want to get a
: : >simple plot of the paths. Thanks in advance,

: :      Here's how I would do that:

: :      My autoexec.bat file contains the line -

: :      "set screengrab = yes"  (no quotes, of course)

: :      From that point, a simple "ctrl-print screen" keystroke combination in 3DS
: : will result in a file save dialogue, which will save the resulting screen grab to
: : the file name of my choice.

: That's a good fix, alright, but I'm *sure* that I was able to scrren dump
: direct to an generic DM printer by starting DOS's graphic.com before
: starting 3DS, which handles the printing of non-text characters. Haven't
: done this in quite a while, but I'm fairly certain this worked fine.

GRAPHICS.COM will understand some generic graphics modes on generic cards.
I doubt that it would work with most of the resolutions that are used for
3DS. Using 3DS's own screen capture allows you to adjust the image using
a program like photoshop to optimize it for print.

Terry Gilbert
Forcade & Associates

Screen hardcopy of the 3ds keyframer screen?

Post by Lessingha » Sat, 25 Mar 1995 05:53:53

insert a line into your autoexec.bat (NOT 3ds.set) which says

SET SCREENGRAB=YES

Quote: