OT: PC goes into standby while in Max

Post by Blushoe » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:37:57

hi all,

i am having a serious problem here.
i do not know if its caused by bad hardware,
max, or other factors.

sometimes, in the middle of a max session,
either working on screen, or rendering,
my pc suddenly goes into standby mode!
a couple of times, it just did a reboot.

my system has been stable for over a year until
now.  of course the usual installation and uninstalltion
of some software has come and gone then

any suggestions?  any known conflicting software
with max?

thanks.

OT: PC goes into standby while in Max

Post by Jan Gruet » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:24:19

HEAT!

your pc propably just gets too hot!
check all fans for dirt - try if it still reboots with
open case.

Jan

1. No Repaint after switching to standby

No Repaint after switching to standby.  Delphi 3.

I am using the TForm onPaint event to call a method to repaint TDrawgrid,
which works ok if another window covering the form is removed, TDrawgrid's
data is restored, but if the computer is switched to standby, when it is
switched back on TDrawgrid is not repainted, can anybody help with this?

Jim.

2. Can't load image files...

3. OT: Space Shuttle Gone...

4. Help: unable to set internal video to 1024x768, 60 Hz

5. OT My Prayers go out

6. Rounded & extruded Text

7. OT Go Live vs Dreamweaver?

8. Graphics / Powerpoint / Visio Editor Opportunity

9. OT--Gotta go......

10. OT: my bookmarks went *poof*

11. OT: what's going on?

12. OT:Clock Going Backwards