Procedural textures

Post by Berc » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I just found out you can make some cool procedural textures if you put some
time in it. Only thing is the mapping. Somehow I can't seem to get the
u-mapping tiled. The texture is way too big, but there is nothing I can do.

Anybody had the same problems and knows a workaround?

Thanks in advance,
Berco.

1. Procedural Textures / Realtime Textured Sphere rendering

Hi There,

I am (also) looking for information on how to render as near as damn it
perfect spheres and texture map them.  I know it's a lot to ask, but I am
aiming high to try and achieve the best results:

I want to be able to texture map a sphere with a pattern, give it realistic
shading - close to phong would be nice! - so there is one or more specular
highlights and possibly environment map a reflection into/onto it.

And now here's the crunch.  I'd like to be able to render as many as 20
spheres realtime, very, very quickly, as quick as possible as there is some
other triangle based rendering to be performed at the same time.

If anyone has information on very very fast algo's to phong shade or
procedurally texture spheres, create highlights or quickly environment map a
sphere, I would be very grateful.

Thanks a bunch

Ian

p.s. any help on fast shadow algorithms would be appreciated too, see my
other post!
p.p.s remove nospam for direct replies.

2. TROGAN WARNING was: An optical allusion that will astound you, works on all spec pc's:) 2693

3. wtd: procedural texture to simulate wood grain

4. Please help

5. Procedural Texture Generator

6. Unicode

7. Procedural Texture Synthesis Web Page

8. BMRT texture problems.

9. procedural texture

10. Procedural Textures/Shaders for Imagine for Windows

11. Imagine Procedural Textures Available.

12. Procedural Texture Synthesis Web Page