installation problem w/ 3ds max 4 on windows xp

installation problem w/ 3ds max 4 on windows xp

Post by James C » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 12:53:35

When I try to install 3ds max 4 on Windows XP, I get an error message
during the part in setup where it is "Searching for installed
application" saying this:

"Error 1606.  Could not access network location "::\Documents and
Settings\All Users\Desktop"."

My computer isn't even on any type of network or even have an NIC.
The folder that it is referring to is just a normal folder too, I
haven't encrypted it or anything and I have been using my
Administrator account.  How do I fix this problem?

I am also curious as to why it displays two colons.  Seems very
unusual.