Please >>>Video Post help (much wringing of hands)

Please >>>Video Post help (much wringing of hands)

Post by jsh.. » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Help (in a Kramer voice: "Im' beggin' ya Jerry, I'm beggin' ya!")

I'm working on learning particles/lens effects/and Video Post in max2
Running Windows 95 on PII 266 w/ 128megs of Ram).

Created a wand with sparks shooting out of it.
Opened video post, added a glow effect on the sparks and some
electricity from Inferno. Now for me, this was very cool. I was really
enjoying myself.
Set it up as input, filter, output. No indenting.

Executed/rendered animation scene in Video Post and it looked good but I
can't save it as an AVI or anything that I can view seperately. Only
thing available from the pull down menu is an AST digital recorder
(which I don't have). Shouldn't AVI be available in the output menu?

I saw the Video Post in the track view listing so I tried rendering the
animation from there... that didn't work either. (:>(

Checked the manual, checked Max 2 Fundmentals. Help!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Yes I downloaded the update from Kinitex.

Post by heantti » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Executed/rendered animation scene in Video Post and it looked good but I
> can't save it as an AVI or anything that I can view seperately. Only
> thing available from the pull down menu is an AST digital recorder
> (which I don't have). Shouldn't AVI be available in the output menu?

Yep. Under devices there is only this AST... - but next to devices is
button "files" click it and you can put what ever file you want (.avi,
.fli .tga ...)

hope this was the problem

hese

http://web.lpt.fi/~heanttil