KEYFRAMING TEXT: can you add text from input file to animation

KEYFRAMING TEXT: can you add text from input file to animation

Post by dave » Sun, 28 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I have a complex model that reads in keyframing information from a
large input file and accurately moves all the objects through their
correct paths. GREAT, everything works fine... now I've been asked to
add enhancements to the animation, specifically: I want to read text
from my keyframing input file and print it to the screen as part of
the animation.  Is this possible? I know that the preview can report
frame numbers to the screen via some special keyscripting function.

     I can think of two ways to do this
     1) create objects ahead of time with the predifined text mapped on
     them and then move them into view during the flic via a line in the
     keyframing input file.
     2) create a separate animation with the text objects and overlay the
     two animations via video posting.

Both of these ideas seem very awkward to me and I suspect there are
easier ways to do this.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

1. A scientific graphing package that will accept text files as input

This may or may not be the right group in which to vent this
frustration, but does a scientific graphing or plotting package exist
that might accept a standard, easily modifiable text file as its input.
Postscript support would be nice.  Am i dreaming?  Please e-mail any
repsonses.  Thanks in advance...

 |--------------------------------------------|----------------------------|
 |    I would've gotten away with it too,     |      Russell M. Johnson    |

 |--------------------------------------------|----------------------------|
 |   -Famous last words from a variety of would-be villains foiled once    |
 |         again by the clever detective work of Scooby and friends.       |

2. Adobe After Efx-Prdctn Bundle or Stand Alone?

3. Add text over animation?

4. Matrix to Quaternion

5. Application to add Text chunks to PNG files?

6. Setting black point on TFT

7. How Can I Add Text to GIF File?

8. missing labels on buttonfly

9. adding text to jpeg files automatically

10. How to add text extension to gif files?

11. Adding text to WMF file

12. Add filename as text to file

13. Adding comments/text to PNG files