Spikes all around

Post by Nico Bo » Tue, 22 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi there,
Does anyone know how spikes can be avoided? This seems to occur every
second or third time I try to merge a scene made in 2D editor with an
existing scene in 3D editor. The scene just blocks up with spikes, this
also occurs often when a scene is redrawn.
Any ideas ?  Thanks.

Spikes all around

Post by Brian Rudol » Wed, 23 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>Hi there,
>Does anyone know how spikes can be avoided? This seems to occur every
>second or third time I try to merge a scene made in 2D editor with an
>existing scene in 3D editor. The scene just blocks up with spikes, this
>also occurs often when a scene is redrawn.
>Any ideas ?  Thanks.

By "spikes" do you mean that your mesh kinda explodes? I've heard of
this once or twice before.

It sounds like you have a virus, or something else might have "messed
up" your 3DS.EXE file. Reinstall from the original diskettes and check
your system carefully for viruses. If that doesn't work, contact your
Kinetix Dealer for a new set of master disks.

-Brian

P.S.  If it not like "exploding" meshes, please give me a more
detailed description of the problem and I can try to diagnose what is
happening.

_________________________________
Brian Rudolph
Autodesk/Kinetix Product Support

---------------------------------

Spikes all around

Post by marc » Mon, 12 May 1997 04:00:00

> >Hi there,
> >Does anyone know how spikes can be avoided? This seems to occur every
> >second or third time I try to merge a scene made in 2D editor with an
> >existing scene in 3D editor. The scene just blocks up with spikes, this
> >also occurs often when a scene is redrawn.
> >Any ideas ?  Thanks.

>Sounds more like you've got a improperly cracked version of 3ds4

Spikes all around

Post by Pa » Mon, 19 May 1997 04:00:00

>> >Hi there,
>> >Does anyone know how spikes can be avoided? This seems to occur every
>> >second or third time I try to merge a scene made in 2D editor with an
>> >existing scene in 3D editor. The scene just blocks up with spikes, this
>> >also occurs often when a scene is redrawn.
>> >Any ideas ?  Thanks.

>>Sounds more like you've got a improperly cracked version of 3ds4

Go to alt.3d.studio I posted a properly cracked 3ds.exe for
3ds4c....this will end your verticie stretching problem....
Pat!