animated boolean+more

Post by Bria » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 01:13:21

What's the best way to do this.

I need to drill a donut-shaped ring through a steel plate.  First, an
empty steel plate, then the ring cavity appears in the plate.  Once
the ring has completely drilled through the plate, the inside core
(the material inside the ring) starts turning then falls out.

Thanks for the help.

Brian

animated boolean+more

Post by Sander » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 07:14:47

Create three objects:
1) the clean metal plate
2) the metal plate with the hole
3) "the hole" or the circle you punched out...

During animation switch from clean plate to plate with hole and hole-thingy
as soon as the drill reaches the plate. Then animate the hole-thing to fall.

Quote:> What's the best way to do this.

> I need to drill a donut-shaped ring through a steel plate.  First, an
> empty steel plate, then the ring cavity appears in the plate.  Once
> the ring has completely drilled through the plate, the inside core
> (the material inside the ring) starts turning then falls out.

> Thanks for the help.

> Brian

1. Animated boolean with path deform?

Hi!

I want to animate a milling head milling a track into a metal plate (see
http://www.illusion-factory.de/privat/milling.jpg for a real photo example).

Therefore I have a cylinder animated by a path deform along a path making
it's way over the surface of the plate. Works
fine.(http://www.illusion-factory.de/privat/milling2.jpg)

Now I want to do the milling itself, so I create an animated boolean with
the metal plate and the animatd cylinder, but it does not work: It seems
that the path deform modificator is ignored!
If I display the operands of the boolean it shows the cylinder just straight
standing, without any deformation.
((http://www.illusion-factory.de/privat/milling3.jpg)

Thank you for your time and your ideas!

Martin

2. Histogram capabilities

3. animated boolean operations

4. 3D studio Max II and scripts ???

5. Animated Boolean And Not

6. BIOFORM.INC

7. Animated Loft Boolean.....

8. Fun & safe in LA for Siggraph '97!

9. Boolean with an animated path deform

10. ANIMATED GIFS ANIMATED GIFS ANIMATED GIFS ANIMATED GIFS

11. Denton's Animated Images - http://www.iwl.net/customers/denton/animate/animated.html

12. Animated gifs - animated gifs - animated gifs bonanza