Best system to run MAX R3 with?

Post by Greencoun » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

O.K.  Gang...what would be the best system spec's to ruun MAX with?

Better question...What do most 'pros' run MAX with?

Is CPU power more effective than RAM?

Best system to run MAX R3 with?

Post by Ola Madse » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

The best computer avalible at the moment (if price isnt an issue) is
probably an Intergraph Zx10 with dual 800EB MHz/ Wildcat 4110/ and up to 6
gig of RAM. http://www.intergraph.com/ics/workstations/

=)

Quote:> O.K.  Gang...what would be the best system spec's to ruun MAX with?

> Better question...What do most 'pros' run MAX with?

> Is CPU power more effective than RAM?

Best system to run MAX R3 with?

Post by stephen gilber » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

i find i can manage just fine with my humble, cheap dell/geforce ddr and a
decent amount of ram [1/2 gig]..

at work i run a pII300 and 384 ram...not bad but more mhz would be good.

most pro's have what they're given [like me]...but a major concern is ram
with max.
so get as much ram as you can afford.
video cards are an issue but you can get by with a cheaper card and use
wire/box view and of course isolate and x ref for big scenes...a good
starting place is a tnt 2 card [32 meg]...oh and spend a tenner on a 3
button mouse!

stee+catz

> The best computer avalible at the moment (if price isnt an issue) is
> probably an Intergraph Zx10 with dual 800EB MHz/ Wildcat 4110/ and up to 6
> gig of RAM. http://www.intergraph.com/ics/workstations/

> =)

> > O.K.  Gang...what would be the best system spec's to ruun MAX with?

> > Better question...What do most 'pros' run MAX with?

> > Is CPU power more effective than RAM?

1. 3d studio max r3 copy - wont run dumn kid need help

i got a copied version of 3d studio max 3 - yeh i know its wrong to steal,
but i am just a kid who wants to create a few simple animation for fun, and
i aint got a few grand.

the thing is i install, using the serial number and the cd key, then use the
supplied crack.

then i restart my system, and try to launch 3dsmax.exe but get a

"this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" box,
when i close this box i get another box this time saying

"Restrictions

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer. Please contact your system administrater."

anyone got any ideas as to the cause of this error ? i dont think it is
because i dont have enought ram i got 192mb, i am running wondoze98. maybe
my processor sucks to much ?

maybe something wrong with the serial number / cd key , or the crack, if
anyone thinks this could be the cause where can i get another sn/ cdkey and
crack from ?

any help much appreiciated.

2. Animation

3. Problems running MAX R3.0

4. Line Picker - is there a better way??

5. Good 3DS MAX R3 SDK Developing Site ?

6. Cam design/engineering algorithm?

7. Best system for running OpenGL (please help)

8. Systems for running Max (r1 and r2) and Softimage

9. what best workstations to run 3d studio max???

10. Best hardware for running 3ds Max 2