camera match-moving

Post by stephen gilber » Wed, 17 May 2000 04:00:00

ouch! your in for some big headaches...you could try scene genie for max
but i think it's only out for max 3 [i may be wrong].
lightwave has no camera match but i did read an article in newtechniques
about doing it by hand but this needed other objects in the scene and the
chap says it may take you a couple on months to pull off with any success,
so i think your on to a dead and here unless scene genie can help you.

stee+catz

Quote:> Hi, still another question:

> when shooting a life-action scene two or three years ago, we did not
> know about that technique of camera matchmoving: applying these tennis
> balls or else is the scene, put down their exact positions and let 3ds
> max (2.5) camera tracking utility run over the whole thing. Is there any
> other way to restore a handheld, moving camera track in the 3d scene?
> Unfortunately, it is a complete blue box-scene, so no other objects to
> hook on appear... Or is there anyone who can do this precisely enough
> just free-hand and by approximating?

camera match-moving

Post by Ulf Groot » Thu, 18 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi, still another question:

when shooting a life-action scene two or three years ago, we did not
know about that technique of camera matchmoving: applying these tennis
balls or else is the scene, put down their exact positions and let 3ds
max (2.5) camera tracking utility run over the whole thing. Is there any
other way to restore a handheld, moving camera track in the 3d scene?
Unfortunately, it is a complete blue box-scene, so no other objects to
hook on appear... Or is there anyone who can do this precisely enough
just free-hand and by approximating?

1. Information on Camera Matchmoving

Information on Camera Matchmoving

Hi,

Where on The Net can I find information on the techniques used for
Camera Tracking.  I know what software is available, but what I'm
looking for is information on setting up the shot's, what type of
tracking markers to use, how do you get rid of them afterwards, etc,
etc.

Any help what be very much appreciated.

Regards

Matt D. Leonard

2. Eye Candy Studios is now open

3. Camera Matchmoving Information

4. Gorillaz Music Video:Who created it?

5. Information on Camera Matchmoving

6. linear and non-linear gray level transformation.

7. Camera Matchmoving Information

8. Camera tracking/match moving techniques?

9. camera match, camera tracking

10. Light blockers moving when the camera moves

11. Moving camera with moving objects in Inventor