Flickering Lights

Post by Tony Davi » Thu, 02 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me how to simulate flickering lights in 3ds 4. What I am
looking for is the effect of lightning, not the bolts of lightning, but
the flashing lights effect.

Thanks,

Tony Davis

Flickering Lights

Post by Heinz Schulle » Sat, 04 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>Can anyone tell me how to simulate flickering lights in 3ds 4. What I am
>looking for is the effect of lightning, not the bolts of lightning, but
>the flashing lights effect.

Try keyframing the light(s) in your scene to turn on and off over a
period of one or two frames. This does it quite nicely, I've used
this method often with lightning.

Cheers,

-Heinz.

*** fly by nite studios - http://www.mcs.net/~heinz ***

Flickering Lights

Post by Chris Malou » Sat, 04 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>>Can anyone tell me how to simulate flickering lights in 3ds 4. What I
am
>>looking for is the effect of lightning, not the bolts of lightning,
but
>>the flashing lights effect.

>Try keyframing the light(s) in your scene to turn on and off over a
>period of one or two frames. This does it quite nicely, I've used
>this method often with lightning.

>Cheers,

>-Heinz.

>*** fly by nite studios - http://www.mcs.net/~heinz ***

Tony, here's something that you might want to try.  (I haven't yet so I
don't know how well it would work)  Anyway, create a flic that fades
from white to black then back to white then use the bitmap fit option
for a rectangular spotlight in the 3d editor.  Specify your flic file.
Rather then having the light just turn off then on again, this would
give it a fade off and fade on again appearance.

regards

Chris Malouf
ViSolutions

Flickering Lights

Post by Terry Moo » Sat, 04 Nov 1995 04:00:00

TT> Can anyone tell me how to simulate flickering lights in 3ds 4. What
TT> I am looking for is the effect of lightning, not the bolts of
TT> lightning, but the flashing lights effect.

Create a light. In the keyframer go to frame 0. Turn the light off. Move
to the frame where you want the light. Turn the light on. Move to the
frame where you want the light off and turn the light off. Move to the
frame where......

TDM
 * RM 1.31 1881 * That aint Rock an Roll, that's an EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flickering Lights

Post by Evere » Wed, 08 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>Subject: Flickering Lights
>Date: 1 Nov 1995 14:33:30 GMT
>Can anyone tell me how to simulate flickering lights in 3ds 4. What I am
>looking for is the effect of lightning, not the bolts of lightning, but
>the flashing lights effect.
>Thanks,
>Tony Davis

  One effect I like to use is to make as much of the non-ambient light as
possible come from one or two light sources, and in the keyframer you can shut
these lights from light to dark as quickly and often as you want, much like
any other changes.  I get nice explosion sequences that way, and should work
well for lightening, depending on the amount of detail you put into the
flickering.

1. Flicker Light Studio presents Tom Repasky

Hello everyone :-)

It's been a year or so since I have been here nice to see not much has
changed (except less spam/junk mail).  I have always enjoyed the
opinions and views of others and the suggestions/comments.

I would like to welcome you all to re-visit (or visit for the first
time) my web site (Flicker Light? Studio).  During the past year my site

has under gone many changes and many new images have been added.  My art

continues to be well liked and appreciated around the world.  Recent
articles in magazine(s) have portrayed me as a  leading digital fine
artist in the world today.

http://members.aol.com/repasky

Stop by if you are interested in unique and expressive visual art
created on a computer with 3d and 2d applications.  There is no x-rated
material on my site so if that is what you seek, you will be
disappointed :-)  Currently my site has over 200 images created during
the past 3 years.

Cheers
Tom

--
Tom Repasky
Flicker Light Studio

2. BlockReadSize

3. BMRT&flickering lights

4. Dgrid3d help

5. flickering lights

6. Wanted: PAR w/ HD

7. Random Flickering Light

8. JPEG image compression FAQ, part 1/2

9. Flicker Flicker Flicker and big Bitmaps

10. Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

11. Flickering Candle light

12. Flickering flame light

13. Flicker in lighting