About Matrox Millennium II

Post by Alex » Tue, 08 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Is anyone using it ?

        I want to buy a new Video-card which can "play"
        3DSMX & Softimage, how about Millnnium II ?

        talk soon !

About Matrox Millennium II

Post by Atomic Sku » Wed, 16 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>Is anyone using it ?

>        I want to buy a new Video-card which can "play"
>        3DSMX & Softimage, how about Millnnium II ?

>        talk soon !

  Personally, I'd reccomend an 8 meg Permedia/Delta based board, typical price
is $350, and I've seen it as low as $299..

 The Permedia chipset if from 3D Labs (the GLINT people), it's performance is
about equal to a GLINT300SX/Delta, but without the super high res 24-bit modes
(1600x1200 etc.)

About Matrox Millennium II

Post by Dominic Souc » Wed, 16 Jul 1997 04:00:00

A real card to Really have fun with these software would be the Oxygen
from dynamicpictures...
The are the only one at this time to get Softimage Accreditation for use
with their software...

> Is anyone using it ?

>         I want to buy a new Video-card which can "play"
>         3DSMX & Softimage, how about Millnnium II ?

>         talk soon !

About Matrox Millennium II

Post by Winston Wol » Thu, 17 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> >Is anyone using it ?

> >        I want to buy a new Video-card which can "play"
> >        3DSMX & Softimage, how about Millnnium II ?

> >        talk soon !

>   Personally, I'd reccomend an 8 meg Permedia/Delta based board, typical price
> is $350, and I've seen it as low as $299..

>  The Permedia chipset if from 3D Labs (the GLINT people), it's performance is
> about equal to a GLINT300SX/Delta, but without the super high res 24-bit modes
> (1600x1200 etc.)

The problem is that Permedia cards don't do overlay planes, and
therefore can't accelerate Softimage (Max should be fine, though).  If
you want a 3D Labs processor-based card that can do this, you'll have to
look to the 500TX based cards.  Someone wanna back me up or correct me?

-Phil

About Matrox Millennium II

Post by Roger Nels » Fri, 18 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> > >Is anyone using it ?

> > >        I want to buy a new Video-card which can "play"
> > >        3DSMX & Softimage, how about Millnnium II ?

> > >        talk soon !

> >   Personally, I'd reccomend an 8 meg Permedia/Delta based board, typical price
> > is $350, and I've seen it as low as $299..

> >  The Permedia chipset if from 3D Labs (the GLINT people), it's performance is
> > about equal to a GLINT300SX/Delta, but without the super high res 24-bit modes
> > (1600x1200 etc.)

> The problem is that Permedia cards don't do overlay planes, and
> therefore can't accelerate Softimage (Max should be fine, though).  If
> you want a 3D Labs processor-based card that can do this, you'll have to
> look to the 500TX based cards.  Someone wanna back me up or correct me?

> -Phil

I'll back you up.  Anyway, why use a 15000$ program (SoftImage) with a
300$ card, heh?

1. Matrox Millennium II

Hello,
can you tell me something about this board?
Is it useful with 3dsmax or lightwave?
Does it speed up rendering?
What does it support ( openGl, HEIDI, ...)?

Thank you in advance.
Bye,
Dome

--

http://members.it.tripod.de/beelsoft/

2. clone color

3. Matrox Millennium II performance with LightWave.

4. ram

5. OpenGL with Matrox Millennium II

6. some questions about banner's creation

7. Matrox Millennium II performance with lightwave?

8. Nature...

9. Matrox Millennium II driver

10. Matrox Millennium II Woes

11. Matrox Millennium and Diamond Monster (3dfx)

12. Screen resolution 1280x960 with Matrox Millennium?