Param Curve Question (Please Help)

Post by Mel van Viane » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 14:36:19

The Inverse Kinematics solution, by default, is set from frame 0 to
frame 100. You have to increase this value to have the solution to solve
for longer animation. See
Inverse Kinematics_Rollout_Interface in the reference material.

Mel

Post by snowd » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:55:42

Hi, I have an IK setup on a 3 legged mechanical bug.  I'm using Skin
and dummys on the end effectors.  I created the first part of a walk
cycle and it goes through the walk motion and lands the bug in the
same stance a few hundred units in front of the original position.

I next added Relative Repeat from the Param Curve Out-of-Range Types
dialog box in the Track View so that the walk could continue and carry
the bug on for the rest of the 500 frames.

Here's my problem:

The cycle repeats fine  just one time beyond the one I keyframed and
then freezes the mesh while the dummys and bones keep cycling the
walk.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mike
www.particle3.com

Param Curve Question (Please Help)

Post by snowd » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 00:20:53

Great, thanks, I'll check it out.

Mike

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:36:19 -0800, Mel van Vianen

>The Inverse Kinematics solution, by default, is set from frame 0 to
>frame 100. You have to increase this value to have the solution to solve
>for longer animation. See
>Inverse Kinematics_Rollout_Interface in the reference material.

>Mel

>> Hi, I have an IK setup on a 3 legged mechanical bug.  I'm using Skin
>> and dummys on the end effectors.  I created the first part of a walk
>> cycle and it goes through the walk motion and lands the bug in the
>> same stance a few hundred units in front of the original position.

>> I next added Relative Repeat from the Param Curve Out-of-Range Types
>> dialog box in the Track View so that the walk could continue and carry
>> the bug on for the rest of the 500 frames.

>> Here's my problem:

>> The cycle repeats fine  just one time beyond the one I keyframed and
>> then freezes the mesh while the dummys and bones keep cycling the
>> walk.

>> What am I doing wrong?

>> Thanks,
>> Mike
>> www.particle3.com

1. custom attributes and param out of range curve

my question is this, since the custom attributes appear in the curve
editor, can i expect them to behave as a normal channel would?  So far
my experience is that this not the case. if you apply any of the
looping "param out of range" curves to the an animated custom
attribute channel, the result is wrong. any suggestions as to how to
work around this?

2. How can I change a Item Checklistbox Color?

3. NURBS curve from real space to param space

4. How to draw a Bezier curve SMOOTHLY?

5. finding a point where a BEZIER/NURBS curve changes shape-help please

6. I hope I didn't miss this in the docs...

7. Help with curved text please

8. Freelance Web Designer, 3D Animator Available for work

9. Help with curves please

10. Tool for drawing curves (help please)

11. Trying to curve text around a circle please help

12. Quadratic Curve Derivatives help, Please

13. Please help, problems with curves