Request for Proposal (RFP): Custom 3DS Max Modeling Job

Request for Proposal (RFP): Custom 3DS Max Modeling Job

Post by John » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:35:04

Job Opportunity

Great money-making opportunity for a CGI/Animation college student who is
good with 3DS Max 5.  Will consider a start-up firm trying to make some
money too.

I am looking to have a custom human cartoon of myself in a suit & tie
created for a project I'm doing in 3DS Max 5.  Basically you would be
creating a model from my head shots (photos) and creating the model in a
cartoon style I will show you based on example images.

This would be a medium resolution/poly count.  Do not need a super detailed
model.  No complex textures either.  Looking for "cartoony" and not
realistic.

Would like to have it rigged with bones for movement and some basic *
animation for looks and lip synching.  I would retain copyright.  You would
not be allowed to resell.  Display in your portfolio may be negotiable.

Will not consider an hourly rate for the job.  Will be a flat fee for the
job.

Looking to have this done no later than 7/31/03.  If the price is right, the

Proposal should include estimated number of hours, your fee you would charge
me, what you would do for that fee (maybe there's some things I missed where
you can add value) and links (or a few images) that show some similar work
you've done.

If you do this well, there may be a few more down the line for you to do as
well for me.

(Yeah, I could do it myself, but I'm basically looking to save time here to
concentrate on the story line, animation, and other things...)

Thanks,

John

Request for Proposal (RFP): Custom 3DS Max Modeling Job

Post by Doug Elliso » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:24:01

Quote:> Will not consider an hourly rate for the job.  Will be a flat fee for the
> job.

and

Quote:> Proposal should include estimated number of hours,

Why do you need to know how long it's going to take someone if you're not
prepared to pay buy the hour?

Request for Proposal (RFP): Custom 3DS Max Modeling Job

Post by John » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:55:00

I want it as a point of comparison to evaluate the different proposals.

I can then (a) break it down to how much it costs ME per hour and (b) see if
I have enough time for iterations, changes, etc that will inevitably happen
to get the model just right.

If it takes one person 40 hours to do it and they can have it done by early
July, I can go through a number of changes/iterations with them versus
another person who might take 120 hours.  I then have less time for
iterations.  The question is then, "Which situation do I want to put myself
into ?"

Thanks for your interest.

Thanks,

John

Quote:

> > Will not consider an hourly rate for the job.  Will be a flat fee for
the
> > job.

> and

> > Proposal should include estimated number of hours,

> Why do you need to know how long it's going to take someone if you're not
> prepared to pay buy the hour?

1. REQUEST: Free 3D models and meshes (3ds) on the net

Hi!

I'm trying to make a page about free 3D models resources over the
Internet (mainly 3ds files).

Could you point me to any place?

Please reply by e-mail.

bye!

See ya,
                  ------<<<<<<    T H E    B A R D  >>>>>>------

2. can someone translate "Perfect" texturemapping.....

3. Jobs Post: 3DS Max Low Poly Modeler and Texure artist Dallas, Texas

4. 2002 - CREDIT CARD FRAUD & NO SOFTWARE!

5. 3ds max jobs

6. Serious 3D Magazine !!!

7. Jobs Post: 3DS Max Low Poly Modeler and Texure artist Dallas, Texas

8. Invalid handle

9. 3DS max 3.1 >> 3DS max 4.2

11. Help: problem with converting 3ds max animation data to 3ds max ACII file format

12. 3DS MAX R2 <=> 3DS MAX 1.2