bad avi class - cannot render avi

Post by Arbeit Communications In » Thu, 07 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have been trying to work through a problem that just started on my
machine.  I am no longer able to render avi's (including making
previews).  I consistantly get a BAD AVI CLASS error.  This problem also
happens when attempting to create avi's from other applications (World
Builder).  I have just updated to the latest Microsoft media player and
codec and well as the latest service pack for NT4 Server.  Also, I have
installed the latest Indeo codec from Intel. Control Panel says that all
video compression types are working properly. Any suggestions other than
wiping the hard disk and starting from scratch would be very
appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chris Cvetkovich

bad avi class - cannot render avi

Post by Cactu » Thu, 07 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Sorry, This isn't a solution

I have a similar problem on my PC at work, I updated to the new Media
player too, looks like it's the culprit.

If you find a way of fixing it, I would like to hear about it. I can hardly
play any AVI's on my PC at all now.

Cactus

Quote:> I have been trying to work through a problem that just started on my
> machine.  I am no longer able to render avi's (including making
> previews).  I consistantly get a BAD AVI CLASS error.  This problem also
> happens when attempting to create avi's from other applications (World
> Builder).  I have just updated to the latest Microsoft media player and
> codec and well as the latest service pack for NT4 Server.  Also, I have
> installed the latest Indeo codec from Intel. Control Panel says that all
> video compression types are working properly. Any suggestions other than
> wiping the hard disk and starting from scratch would be very
> appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chris Cvetkovich

bad avi class - cannot render avi

Post by Krush » Thu, 07 Jan 1999 04:00:00

There are 4 DLL files in the winnt\system32 directory. One or more of
them is likely corrupted or out-of-sync.

The names of the files are:

avicap.dll 69584 Bytes
avifile.dll 107984 Bytes
avicap32.dll 68880 Bytes
avifil32.dll 86800 Bytes

October 14, 1996 1:38 AM should be the date/time stamp on all these
files for SP3 or SP4.

The first 2 are version 1.15 on SP3/SP4 and the second 2 are version
4.00. If these files do not have these version numbers, timestamps or
sizes, that is (part of) your problem.

Hope this helps.

* Hoof

>Sorry, This isn't a solution

>I have a similar problem on my PC at work, I updated to the new Media
>player too, looks like it's the culprit.

>If you find a way of fixing it, I would like to hear about it. I can hardly
>play any AVI's on my PC at all now.

>Cactus

>> I have been trying to work through a problem that just started on my
>> machine.  I am no longer able to render avi's (including making
>> previews).  I consistantly get a BAD AVI CLASS error.  This problem also
>> happens when attempting to create avi's from other applications (World
>> Builder).  I have just updated to the latest Microsoft media player and
>> codec and well as the latest service pack for NT4 Server.  Also, I have
>> installed the latest Indeo codec from Intel. Control Panel says that all
>> video compression types are working properly. Any suggestions other than
>> wiping the hard disk and starting from scratch would be very
>> appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chris Cvetkovich

bad avi class - cannot render avi

Post by Cactu » Sat, 09 Jan 1999 04:00:00

The I found the files you specified,
They are all Windows 95 files v4.0.950
and are different sizes to your ones

Cactus

> There are 4 DLL files in the winnt\system32 directory. One or more of
> them is likely corrupted or out-of-sync.

> The names of the files are:

> avicap.dll 69584 Bytes
> avifile.dll 107984 Bytes
> avicap32.dll 68880 Bytes
> avifil32.dll 86800 Bytes

> October 14, 1996 1:38 AM should be the date/time stamp on all these
> files for SP3 or SP4.

> The first 2 are version 1.15 on SP3/SP4 and the second 2 are version
> 4.00. If these files do not have these version numbers, timestamps or
> sizes, that is (part of) your problem.

> Hope this helps.

> * Hoof

> >Sorry, This isn't a solution

> >I have a similar problem on my PC at work, I updated to the new Media
> >player too, looks like it's the culprit.

> >If you find a way of fixing it, I would like to hear about it. I can
hardly
> >play any AVI's on my PC at all now.

> >Cactus

> >> I have been trying to work through a problem that just started on my
> >> machine.  I am no longer able to render avi's (including making
> >> previews).  I consistantly get a BAD AVI CLASS error.  This problem
also
> >> happens when attempting to create avi's from other applications (World
> >> Builder).  I have just updated to the latest Microsoft media player
and
> >> codec and well as the latest service pack for NT4 Server.  Also, I
have
> >> installed the latest Indeo codec from Intel. Control Panel says that
all
> >> video compression types are working properly. Any suggestions other
than
> >> wiping the hard disk and starting from scratch would be very
> >> appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chris Cvetkovich

bad avi class - cannot render avi

Post by Krush » Sat, 09 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Sorry, no Win95 machines here.

* Hoof

Quote:>The I found the files you specified,
>They are all Windows 95 files v4.0.950
>and are different sizes to your ones

>Cactus

1. "Bad class AVI"

In 3DSMAX R3, I can't make a preview or a movie. Here is the advertisement :
"Bad class AVI".
I have already reinstalled the program...
Does anyone have the solution ?

2. Painter's Algorithm

3. Bad AVI class error

4. Best Bryce3D page?

5. Bad AVI class

6. How does one?

7. AVI's still wont work! Bad Class AVI!!!

8. Best way to slice large images?

9. AVI 'cannot open file' error

10. Cannot save AVI-file

11. Cannot save .avi files