Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

Post by Patrick Hausle » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00



Two questions. My dealer said that the E&S Tornado 3000 is the best
dual-monitor accelerator that you can get for MAX(for the money). Is this
true? If not, what card should I look at? Also, will the accelerator speed
up my final rendering times? Someone told me that final rendering was
handled almost exclusively by the system processor and that the accelerator
only helps while designing in the MAX interface.
 
 
 

Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

Post by Plisske » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00


On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:16:21 -0600, "Patrick Hausler"


>Two questions. My dealer said that the E&S Tornado 3000 is the best
>dual-monitor accelerator that you can get for MAX(for the money). Is this
>true? If not, what card should I look at? Also, will the accelerator speed
>up my final rendering times? Someone told me that final rendering was
>handled almost exclusively by the system processor and that the accelerator
>only helps while designing in the MAX interface.

I would have to agree.  I think the newest Wildcat (4105?) has a bit
more raw speed, but the 3000 is a fantastic card, by all accounts.
E&S boards also have very good driver support.
I don't know if the Quadro has dual-monitor support, but I would
actually think that, if it does, it would be the best
bang-for-the-buck board out there.

Plissken

 
 
 

Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

Post by devri » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00


As far as dual monitors from a single card, the E&S 3000 is probably the
best for the price. Final rendering in MAX IS handled ENTIRELY by the CPU.
There are supposedly some esoteric features of maya or softimage involving
particle systems that use some grapphics card feature to speed up the
final render. (perhaps that is part of why they are so picky about
graphics cards), but I would have to say that no matter how freaky the
feature (BTW don't take that as fact, it is second hand knowledge from
people I have no idea how far to trust their "facts"), but for all of max
and most any kind of rendering it is all about the CPU*.

* renderGL does use the vid card, but the out put is meant for previews
and not final output.


>Two questions. My dealer said that the E&S Tornado 3000 is the best
>dual-monitor accelerator that you can get for MAX(for the money). Is this
>true? If not, what card should I look at? Also, will the accelerator speed
>up my final rendering times? Someone told me that final rendering was
>handled almost exclusively by the system processor and that the accelerator
>only helps while designing in the MAX interface.

 
 
 

Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

Post by Ian Skinne » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00


 3000 is the best , I have a few of them in house here because of that .
NO a graphics card , no matter how much money it's worth will not speed
up a final render , it's all CPU baby . There are options to even that
however , go to www.art-render.com if your looking at the fastest single
lic MAX renderer on the planet :)


> Two questions. My dealer said that the E&S Tornado 3000 is the best
> dual-monitor accelerator that you can get for MAX(for the money). Is this
> true? If not, what card should I look at? Also, will the accelerator speed
> up my final rendering times? Someone told me that final rendering was
> handled almost exclusively by the system processor and that the accelerator
> only helps while designing in the MAX interface.

--
__________________________________________________      

Ian Skinner
ARQUEBUS ENTERTAINMENT
CANADA
1(705)737-3636
fax1(705)722-6908
__________________________________________________


RIP G.M.

 
 
 

Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

Post by Bubb » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00


What he said was true. Faster Dual Monitor solution for the money,The card
does squat for fianl rendering. It lets you WORK faster.
BUBBA

Quote:> Two questions. My dealer said that the E&S Tornado 3000 is the best
> dual-monitor accelerator that you can get for MAX(for the money). Is this
> true? If not, what card should I look at? Also, will the accelerator speed
> up my final rendering times? Someone told me that final rendering was
> handled almost exclusively by the system processor and that the
accelerator
> only helps while designing in the MAX interface.

 
 
 

Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

Post by Ian Skinne » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00


 Render GL is a great product for  ' blocking ' work . but it's like
what ? $1000 ?? get real ..


> As far as dual monitors from a single card, the E&S 3000 is probably the
> best for the price. Final rendering in MAX IS handled ENTIRELY by the CPU.
> There are supposedly some esoteric features of maya or softimage involving
> particle systems that use some grapphics card feature to speed up the
> final render. (perhaps that is part of why they are so picky about
> graphics cards), but I would have to say that no matter how freaky the
> feature (BTW don't take that as fact, it is second hand knowledge from
> people I have no idea how far to trust their "facts"), but for all of max
> and most any kind of rendering it is all about the CPU*.

> * renderGL does use the vid card, but the out put is meant for previews
> and not final output.


> >Two questions. My dealer said that the E&S Tornado 3000 is the best
> >dual-monitor accelerator that you can get for MAX(for the money). Is this
> >true? If not, what card should I look at? Also, will the accelerator speed
> >up my final rendering times? Someone told me that final rendering was
> >handled almost exclusively by the system processor and that the accelerator
> >only helps while designing in the MAX interface.

--
__________________________________________________      

Ian Skinner
ARQUEBUS ENTERTAINMENT
CANADA
1(705)737-3636
fax1(705)722-6908
__________________________________________________


RIP G.M.

 
 
 

Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

Post by Patrick Hausle » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00


Thanks a lot guys. You are all lots of help. Think I'll go with the 3000.


> As far as dual monitors from a single card, the E&S 3000 is probably the
> best for the price. Final rendering in MAX IS handled ENTIRELY by the CPU.
> There are supposedly some esoteric features of maya or softimage involving
> particle systems that use some grapphics card feature to speed up the
> final render. (perhaps that is part of why they are so picky about
> graphics cards), but I would have to say that no matter how freaky the
> feature (BTW don't take that as fact, it is second hand knowledge from
> people I have no idea how far to trust their "facts"), but for all of max
> and most any kind of rendering it is all about the CPU*.

> * renderGL does use the vid card, but the out put is meant for previews
> and not final output.


> >Two questions. My dealer said that the E&S Tornado 3000 is the best
> >dual-monitor accelerator that you can get for MAX(for the money). Is this
> >true? If not, what card should I look at? Also, will the accelerator
speed
> >up my final rendering times? Someone told me that final rendering was
> >handled almost exclusively by the system processor and that the
accelerator
> >only helps while designing in the MAX interface.

 
 
 

Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

Post by Ian Skinne » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00


:) welcome to the fold ...


> Thanks a lot guys. You are all lots of help. Think I'll go with the 3000.

--
__________________________________________________      

Ian Skinner
ARQUEBUS ENTERTAINMENT
CANADA
1(705)737-3636
fax1(705)722-6908
__________________________________________________


RIP G.M.

 
 
 

Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

Post by 3D Perun » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00


I've heard many of you sing the praises of the E&S Tornado 3000...I suspect
most of it is from users who have the card and like it.

However, I have a very good friend who works at E&S as a financial analyst.
His job is to help them figure out what departments are profitable and which
ones are not.  Unfortunately, the consumer/professional cards are a black
hole...

Also, E & S stopped bundling their cards with their software...(but I think
this also had to do with the cards that were produced by the aquired Accell
Graphics not being very good.)

Anyway...just useless information I thought I'd pass along.

3D Peruna

PS - I still can't get him to send me a "demo" version of the card...and
I've tried.

 
 
 

Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

Post by Ian Skinne » Sun, 23 Jan 2000 04:00:00


  hmm i think you should think before you start saying *like that .
The reason the workstation graphics were in the red was simply due to
OEM demand , they could not meet the demaded numbers on time so the OEM
went to a different product ,however that does not mean that the product
OEM contract is gone , just pushed into the next quarter .. BTW Accel
graphics WAS very good did you actually use any of their product ?? if
you did not , how the HELL would you know ??


> I've heard many of you sing the praises of the E&S Tornado 3000...I suspect
> most of it is from users who have the card and like it.

> However, I have a very good friend who works at E&S as a financial analyst.
> His job is to help them figure out what departments are profitable and which
> ones are not.  Unfortunately, the consumer/professional cards are a black
> hole...

> Also, E & S stopped bundling their cards with their software...(but I think
> this also had to do with the cards that were produced by the aquired Accell
> Graphics not being very good.)

> Anyway...just useless information I thought I'd pass along.

> 3D Peruna

> PS - I still can't get him to send me a "demo" version of the card...and
> I've tried.

--
__________________________________________________      

Ian Skinner
ARQUEBUS ENTERTAINMENT
CANADA
1(705)737-3636
fax1(705)722-6908
__________________________________________________


RIP G.M.

 
 
 

Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

Post by Usenet Post » Sun, 23 Jan 2000 04:00:00




Quote:>  hmm i think you should think before you start saying *like that .

"Crap," by definition, being anything you disagree with.  To "think,"
by definition, being to think in short bursts like you.
>The reason the workstation graphics were in the red was simply due to
>OEM demand , they could not meet the demaded numbers on time so the OEM
>went to a different product ,however that does not mean that the product
>OEM contract is gone , just pushed into the next quarter .. BTW Accel
>graphics WAS very good did you actually use any of their product ?? if
>you did not , how the HELL would you know ??


>> I've heard many of you sing the praises of the E&S Tornado 3000...I suspect
>> most of it is from users who have the card and like it.

>> However, I have a very good friend who works at E&S as a financial analyst.
>> His job is to help them figure out what departments are profitable and which
>> ones are not.  Unfortunately, the consumer/professional cards are a black
>> hole...

>> Also, E & S stopped bundling their cards with their software...(but I think
>> this also had to do with the cards that were produced by the aquired Accell
>> Graphics not being very good.)

>> Anyway...just useless information I thought I'd pass along.

>> 3D Peruna

>> PS - I still can't get him to send me a "demo" version of the card...and
>> I've tried.

 
 
 

Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

Post by Ian Skinne » Sun, 23 Jan 2000 04:00:00


 '*' as in 2nd hand information that can be construed , by the
company , as slanderous .. do you understand this ? do you 'get it " or
is it not in the nature of spineless wimps to understand that the shit
you say can sometimes get you in trouble ?? but I guess that's the
beauty of being SUCH a * .. your too afraid to actually say anything
as yourself .. can you actually leave your home to go out ? or dos that
thought frighten you too much ..  




> >  hmm i think you should think before you start saying *like that .

> "Crap," by definition, being anything you disagree with.  To "think,"
> by definition, being to think in short bursts like you.

> >The reason the workstation graphics were in the red was simply due to
> >OEM demand , they could not meet the demaded numbers on time so the OEM
> >went to a different product ,however that does not mean that the product
> >OEM contract is gone , just pushed into the next quarter .. BTW Accel
> >graphics WAS very good did you actually use any of their product ?? if
> >you did not , how the HELL would you know ??

--
__________________________________________________      

Ian Skinner
ARQUEBUS ENTERTAINMENT
CANADA
1(705)737-3636
fax1(705)722-6908
__________________________________________________


RIP G.M.

 
 
 

Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

Post by HellnB » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00


Ian , you seem to be the biggest slanderer of them all, why dont you stop being
some Nazi and try to be cordial, or is that too difficult a task for you?
 
 
 

Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

Post by Ian Skinne » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00


hmm please reference my slander thanks , oh and don't forget to keep it
in context to the original post it's in response to .. you think you can
handle that by yourself or are you just spouting off again  ?


> Ian , you seem to be the biggest slanderer of them all, why dont you stop being
> some Nazi and try to be cordial, or is that too difficult a task for you?

--
__________________________________________________      

Ian Skinner
ARQUEBUS ENTERTAINMENT
CANADA
1(705)737-3636
fax1(705)722-6908
__________________________________________________


RIP G.M.

 
 
 

Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

Post by Excaliber20 » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00




Instead of trying to worsen the matter...........why not just ignore
him if he bothers you that much......Geez.

Quote:>Ian , you seem to be the biggest slanderer of them all, why dont you stop being
>some Nazi and try to be cordial, or is that too difficult a task for you?

 
 
 

1. OT:Tornado 3000, any good for LW?

I know it is the top of the top at E&S, but does someone in this ng use it
or have anything to say about it?
Thanks for your feedback.

--
Fredlight, &
MTFBWY!
Email:

Prof.:

Site:
http://welcome.to/fredlights

2. Removing influence question/help?

3. ES Tornado 3000

4. ANN: JPEG Batch Converter

5. FS: E&S Tornado 3000

6. object that did not EXPLODE

7. ES Tornado 3000

8. FOV <-> Focal length

9. Dual Monitor/Tornado 3000 Question

10. Tornado 3000 and AMD Athlon

11. best opengl card fastest highend tnt2 g400 tornado oxygen gvx1 nvidia riva

12. Oak or Tseng 3000 VGA card