can you doo this?

Post by joeshmo » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

bolleans and nurbs

well, no you cannot i'm afraid...
??

can you doo this?

Post by Boboth » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Why not I ask? Maybe Kinetix will develop some kind of 'UberNURBS' a la
Electric Image.

Quote:>bolleans and nurbs

--
Bobothy

can you doo this?

Post by Chri » Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Er, why not? I've been doing booleans just fine. Nurbs I'm not so sure about
now, but I loaded a Nurbs model I painfully constructed in Max 2.5, and it
seems to work a whole lot better in 3.0, interactivity wise. I also did a
test on something that really pissed me off before and works quite well now.
Create an irregular closed Nurbs surface. Now duplicate it as an offset
surface and send trims through both. Now try and blend the holes together to
create a solid object. It works now. Pretty cool.

On the other hand, can't beat Rhino, so if you really want all that
Nurbsing, it's still Rhino.

cheers,
--

Christopher Subagio
- The Illusionary

http://www.callnetuk.com/home/csubagio

Quote:> bolleans and nurbs

> well, no you cannot i'm afraid...
> ??

can you doo this?

Post by Boboth » Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Yet another one who doesn't read what he's replying to....

writes

--
Bobothy

1. New to rendering ... images doo dark

Hi there!

I'm new to rendering (spell: POV-Ray ...). I've seen the handbook two
days ago for the first time and now I'm rendering like crazy.

Slight problem: I work on a Pentium Pro running FreeBSD and view the
images with 'xv'. Up to now I didn't realize that 'xv' has an inherent
gamma-correction while most other viewing tools don't do gamma
correction as default.

I'm very pleased with the images I produced so far, except they are
simply too dark! I just rendered a MPEG (250 frames, 4:30 hours
rendering time) that looked ok using 'xv' and then viewed the final
output with 'mpeg_view'. Shock! Barely visible (have a look at
http://www.augusta.de/~hafner/render/acf3a.mpg ...)

My question: Is it ok to pipe the whole bunch on tga files through
a 'tgatoppm | ppmbrighten -v 50 | ppmtotga' sequence or will I get
better results using the POV-ray 'ambient' statement? I just don't want
to wait another couple of hours ... :-)

Regards,

-Walter

--

     <A href=http://www.forwiss.tu-muenchen.de/~hafner/>*CLICK*</A>
 The best observation I can make is that the BSD Daemon logo is _much_

2. animating flags

3. 3DS Crack/doo-dad

4. How to: 3ds to dxf

5. Texture Map of the Week - Bird Doo

6. Is ULEAD Greedy Or What???

7. Scooby Doo, Elmer Fudd, Porky Pig

8. Win98 canned!!!

9. WANTED: canned edge detection routines/graphics libraries