No hardware lock found (HELP)

Post by anonymou » Tue, 17 Jun 1997 04:00:00

hi.
:
Sorry for my english cause i'm french so...
:
here's the situation,
:
i'm running 3dsmax 1.0  on my Win95 for more than 2 months now and was
still going strong even with all the bugs .
:
Then it came to my knowledge that the upgrade was avalable at the "KINETIX"
web site "www.ktx.com" (for version 1.0 to 1.2).
:
Once the operation is done and trying to reopen my 3dsmax, it send the
following error message :
                "No hardware lock found, Application will terminate ".
I've downloaded every white papers and information kinetix have on their
sites and it's aften talking about some bad parallel port settings related
to Windows NT and the "SENTINEL" drivers etc...
:
There's no such network issues here, i'm only using P200 MMX, normal PC, 64
mg-ram...
:
Please anyone, i'm so fed-up with all the memory bugs generated by those
conflict between win95 and the 1.0 version of 3dsmax.
:
If you think you can be of any help please, right me back not only at this
hewsgroup but at my personal E-Mail adress.
:
Thanks in advance;

TUTU

No hardware lock found (HELP)

Post by Chuck Roge » Tue, 17 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>hi.
>:
>Sorry for my english cause i'm french so...
>:
>here's the situation,
>:
>i'm running 3dsmax 1.0  on my Win95 for more than 2 months now and was
>still going strong even with all the bugs .
>:
>Then it came to my knowledge that the upgrade was avalable at the "KINETIX"
>web site "www.ktx.com" (for version 1.0 to 1.2).
>:
>Once the operation is done and trying to reopen my 3dsmax, it send the
>following error message :
>            "No hardware lock found, Application will terminate ".
>I've downloaded every white papers and information kinetix have on their
>sites and it's aften talking about some bad parallel port settings related
>to Windows NT and the "SENTINEL" drivers etc...
>:
>There's no such network issues here, i'm only using P200 MMX, normal PC, 64
>mg-ram...

Having no Sentinel Pro hardware lock might be your problem.  Also
known as a "dongle", this small device must be attached to your parallel
port for a legitimate version of MAX to function correctly.  You can
get them from Kinetix dealers for US$2500 each.  Kinetix throws in the
manuals, the latest MAX software, and registration along with the
dongle.

Chuck Rogers
--

"Climate is an angry beast, and we are poking it with sticks."
                                         -Wallace Broeker

No hardware lock found (HELP)

Post by |Badger » Tue, 17 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Having no Sentinel Pro hardware lock might be your problem.  Also
>known as a "dongle", this small device must be attached to your parallel
>port for a legitimate version of MAX to function correctly.  You can
>get them from Kinetix dealers for US$2500 each.  Kinetix throws in the
>manuals, the latest MAX software, and registration along with the
>dongle.

No Ginsu knives?  :(

I'm outta here,

|Badger|

We're pushing the envelope of technology--and I forgot my letter opener

*NOTE: If replying via E-Mail remove the '.bogus' from my address

No hardware lock found (HELP)

Post by Rob Verwei » Wed, 18 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> hi.
> :
> Sorry for my english cause i'm french so...
> :
> here's the situation,
> :
> i'm running 3dsmax 1.0  on my Win95 for more than 2 months now and was
> still going strong even with all the bugs .
> :
> Then it came to my knowledge that the upgrade was avalable at the "KINETIX"
> web site "www.ktx.com" (for version 1.0 to 1.2).
> :
> Once the operation is done and trying to reopen my 3dsmax, it send the
> following error message :
>                 "No hardware lock found, Application will terminate ".
> I've downloaded every white papers and information kinetix have on their
> sites and it's aften talking about some bad parallel port settings related
> to Windows NT and the "SENTINEL" drivers etc...
> :
> There's no such network issues here, i'm only using P200 MMX, normal PC, 64
> mg-ram...
> :
> Please anyone, i'm so fed-up with all the memory bugs generated by those
> conflict between win95 and the 1.0 version of 3dsmax.
> :
> If you think you can be of any help please, right me back not only at this
> hewsgroup but at my personal E-Mail adress.
> :
> Thanks in advance;

> TUTU

Yo crackhead try it with a legal copy of 3DSMAX it'll solve all of your
problems.

                                Rob.

1. Hardware lock not found...

Hi guys,

    Has anyone successfully ran both Max 1.2 and Viz 3 on their systems. I
upgraded my version of Max to Viz and having problems with the old hardware
lock for my Max 1.2. I unplugged my Viz dongle and used my old blue Max one
but the program is still telling me that the hardware lock is not attached.
I tried to run the sentinel installer on the 1.1 upgrade disk but it is
telling me that the sentinel drivesr are already on my machine (the newer
Viz 3 ones) Is there any way to get the two dongles to work together? I
noticed that some of my geometry I imported from Max appears corrupted in
Viz3 so I want to go back and collapse the objects in Max and save them
again. I tried to download a crack to get rid of the dongle protection but
they all seem to be for 1.0 or 1.1. Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm
getting kinda miffed at KTX for their damn dongles. My first dongle for Viz
3 was a dud so I had to wait a week and a half for them to ship me a new
one.

Jason Lowe

2. Setting the memory allocation for Nikon Scan in Windows

3. New Purchase - Hardware Lock not Found

4. New book on magazine and newsletter production

5. Please help with hardware lock problem

6. good tutorials.

7. Hardware Lock Help

8. Cameras and Viewers

9. Help: finding OpenGL hardware accelerated modes

10. *************Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help************ Hardware lockup

11. 3d studio max hardware lock

12. Hardware Lock Removals?

13. 3DS 3.0 hardware lock??