Animating along a spline

Post by Sven Eri » Wed, 04 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi All,

I'm animating a plane along a spline doing all kinds of loops etc.

After putting a lot of work in the path, i thought i'd just do convert
from in the motion tab of the plane mesh and all would be well... No
such luck i'm afraid, the plane follows the spline however the nose of
the plane keeps point in one direction. This makes the plane move in a
very "UFO-technology build into a normal jet plane" manor.

Any clues on how to get the nose to follow the spline like it should??

Many thanks,

Sven

Animating along a spline

Post by W3 Use » Thu, 05 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> Hi All,

> I'm animating a plane along a spline doing all kinds of loops etc.

> After putting a lot of work in the path, i thought i'd just do convert
> from in the motion tab of the plane mesh and all would be well... No
> such luck i'm afraid, the plane follows the spline however the nose of
> the plane keeps point in one direction. This makes the plane move in a
> very "UFO-technology build into a normal jet plane" manor.

> Any clues on how to get the nose to follow the spline like it should??

> Many thanks,

> Sven

1.In the Motion Tab, expand the Controllers Window
2.Select the Position track
3.Click on the green |> icon to change the controller.
4.Select the Path controller.
5.In the new menu in the Motion Tab, click the button to select the
spline for the path.
6.Activate the check box "Follow" to let the object follow the path.

The animation along the path uses % settings. By default, on the first
frame the value is 0% (path start), on the last it is 100% (path end)
You can set any other values in TrackView to adjust the position on the
path over time.

In your case, you can also let the object Bank as it flies - a perfect
function for airplanes!

--
Hope this will help you!

Greetings,

3DJ Bobo
aka W3 User
http://modeling.3dreview.com/bobo/
Boboland - The 3D Studio & MAX Information Source on the Web.

1. Help: animating a line along a spline

Hello!

      I'm trying to find a way to animate(move) a line along a spline.
what I'm trying to do is write a scripted text. I can't use just a
reveal and the text must also move like a crawl. I know I could do it
the hard way (photoshop) but I may have to do a couples of animation.

Eric

2. mirroring objects

3. Extrude along a spline?

4. GUI Library for Database

5. Help with orienting along a Spline's direction: (POV/POLYRAY)

6. Owl object

7. Flowing text along a spline.

8. NeWS demos, buttons & valuators, source code!!

9. particles along a spline

10. Problems with Path Deform along a spline

11. Non-linear array (x number of elements along a spline)

12. Array along a spline????

13. camera along spline - cityflight