Bathroom tiles...

Post by nospa » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

I am looking for some realistic tileable white bathroom tiles for my
scene. They should not repeat for, lets say, five tiles or so because it
would look too regular.

Searching half the web didn't help...

Thanks for any advice!
NoSpam

Bathroom tiles...

Post by Michael Schol » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi there,

you want the bathroom tiles grid, right? To use as bump-map and for masking
reflections etc? Well, its only black and white lines... you can easily make
your own with a paint program.

Good luck
Micha

Michael Scholz
architectural imagery

web: http://www.michaelscholz.de

Bathroom tiles...

Post by nospa » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi there,

> you want the bathroom tiles grid, right? To use as bump-map and for masking
> reflections etc? Well, its only black and white lines... you can easily make
> your own with a paint program.

> Good luck
> Micha

Don't think it will look realistic. Real bathroom tiles are not plain white but
have slight shades on them. If you have any suggestions, they are very welcome.

NoSpam

Bathroom tiles...

Post by nospa » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Dugbert schrieb:

Quote:> Like this or something else?

Hi Dugbert,

thank you for your picture.

I would be careful about posting binaries in text boards, though. You get
flamed easily by doing so.

For the texture: Not bad, but it is supposed to be simpler. Just more or less
plain white tiles, with a nice bump and reflection map.

NoSpam

Bathroom tiles...

Post by Plisske » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>> Hi there,

>> you want the bathroom tiles grid, right? To use as bump-map and for masking
>> reflections etc? Well, its only black and white lines... you can easily make
>> your own with a paint program.

>> Good luck
>> Micha

>Don't think it will look realistic. Real bathroom tiles are not plain white but
>have slight shades on them. If you have any suggestions, they are very welcome.

>NoSpam

In Photoshop (or your own equivilent), use maybe a 248,239,243 white
for the foreground and a 227,218,212 white for the background.  Run
the "Render Clouds" filter and then create the gridlines over this.
This will give you some simple variation.  Personally, I'd do more
than this, but this is quick and easy.

Plissken

Bathroom tiles...

Post by nospa » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> In Photoshop (or your own equivilent), use maybe a 248,239,243 white
> for the foreground and a 227,218,212 white for the background.  Run
> the "Render Clouds" filter and then create the gridlines over this.
> This will give you some simple variation.  Personally, I'd do more
> than this, but this is quick and easy.

Okay, I'll try that. Thank you!

NoSpam

Bathroom tiles...

Post by Hamis » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

a noise-map as the diffuse, could even use bitmaps as the 2 noise-map
components.
bitmap as the bump-map, or a mix-map (a bitmap-map mixed with a noise-map)
to have the bumps be similar to the diffuse-map

Hamish

PS> I am going mapping nuts here..
[cut]

1. Bathroom tiles

Suppose I wanted to cover a whole wall with ceramic tiles, I could use a
super-ellypsoid macro and have every single tile be an object or just
render a few tiles and then cover the wall with the resulting .tga.  Any
pros and cons to either solutions?
--
Francois Labreque | Rimmer: "Let's go to red alert!"
     flabreq      | Kryten: "Are you sure, Sir?  You realize it

  attglobal.net

2. Imageready & HTML

3. Bathroom Tiles in POV

4. oxygen video card

5. Bathroom paving ceramic tiles textures required.

6. who could tell me...

7. Creating Isometric Tiles from Rectangular tiles

8. designers assoc

9. Whats a good CAD package for bathrooms