AVI's still wont work! Bad Class AVI!!!

Post by overclocke » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Thanks to all who sent me a solution to my AVI problem, however, it
didn't work. I tried using the Maxcheck program and it said all was ok
(which it wasn't) so I went ahead an replaced avi.bmi anyway, and still
the same Bad Class Avi problem.

This really is pissing me off - I can only render flics.... Hmm.

Cheers

Marcus

Post by Brian Rudol » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

>Hi,

>Thanks to all who sent me a solution to my AVI problem, however, it
>didn't work. I tried using the Maxcheck program and it said all was ok
>(which it wasn't) so I went ahead an replaced avi.bmi anyway, and still
>the same Bad Class Avi problem.

>This really is pissing me off - I can only render flics.... Hmm.

>Cheers

>Marcus

Marcus,

I don't know if you've heard this suggestion already...

I have seen this error as a result of some shareware plug-ins. I would
try removing any plug-ins you may have added to test this theory.

-Brian

_________________________________
Brian Rudolph
Autodesk/Kinetix Product Support

---------------------------------

1. bad avi class - cannot render avi

I have been trying to work through a problem that just started on my
machine.  I am no longer able to render avi's (including making
previews).  I consistantly get a BAD AVI CLASS error.  This problem also
happens when attempting to create avi's from other applications (World
Builder).  I have just updated to the latest Microsoft media player and
codec and well as the latest service pack for NT4 Server.  Also, I have
installed the latest Indeo codec from Intel. Control Panel says that all
video compression types are working properly. Any suggestions other than
wiping the hard disk and starting from scratch would be very
appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chris Cvetkovich

2. Flairs in between transparent surfaces

3. "Bad class AVI"

4. back face culling

5. Bad AVI class error

6. Setting X to 24-bit colour

7. Bad AVI class

8. Bad AVI's?

9. MP43 AVI's don't work even after fixes

10. AVI-Quicktime: Why won't it work?

11. Why won't my avi work?

12. Turbo C Functions and Libraries for working with AVI's in Dos mode