DirectX Conv3DS.exe & DirectX8 Plugin, are they faulty?

DirectX Conv3DS.exe & DirectX8 Plugin, are they faulty?

Post by Okori » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 10:25:27

Hi,

I am having trouble converting my 3DStudio file to DirectX format. I have
tried collapsing the meshes, converting to text.x binary.x
binarycompressed.x, non of which worked.It seams that the utilities (even
the DirectX8 export 3DStudio plugin) do not convert to the format that
DirectX SDK\Samples use. What can I do to make formats that can be viewed
with DirectX SDK\Sampled\Move.exe or DirectX SDK\Sampled\Select.exe?

Your help will be highly appreciated

Okorie

DirectX Conv3DS.exe & DirectX8 Plugin, are they faulty?

Post by Thomas Baie » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 12:19:31

Have you checked 3DWin at www.stmuc.com/thbaier ?

-tb

Quote:>Hi,

>I am having trouble converting my 3DStudio file to DirectX format. I have
>tried collapsing the meshes, converting to text.x binary.x
>binarycompressed.x, non of which worked.It seams that the utilities (even
>the DirectX8 export 3DStudio plugin) do not convert to the format that
>DirectX SDK\Samples use. What can I do to make formats that can be viewed
>with DirectX SDK\Sampled\Move.exe or DirectX SDK\Sampled\Select.exe?

>Your help will be highly appreciated

>Okorie

DirectX Conv3DS.exe & DirectX8 Plugin, are they faulty?

Post by sonic.bl.. » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 04:00:00

try to contact digital illusion (d3demo-maker)
the programm is still in beta-phase but check it out,
maybe it helps
sonic

Quote:> Hi,