fli to mpeg to avi

Post by Eric A. Gutierr » Wed, 26 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Is there a utility that can take tga/pcx/gif files of an animation
and convert it to fli/flc/mpeg/avi with 256/16.7M colors?

Where can I find an mpeg player program?

If it's at avalon, which directory is it in?

thanks,
eric

--
Eric A. Gutierrez
Senior Systems Analyst

fli to mpeg to avi

Post by Gordon Crai » Thu, 27 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>Is there a utility that can take tga/pcx/gif files of an animation
>and convert it to fli/flc/mpeg/avi with 256/16.7M colors?

>Where can I find an mpeg player program?

>If it's at avalon, which directory is it in?

I think the best way is to save it frame-by-frame to a series of TGA
files in 3dS. There are programs I am aware of which can compile MPG's
or AVi's for that matter frame by frame.. I believe it can be even done
sort of automatic if you use a numbering system (eg: it can build the
sequence as long as your files are image01.tga, image02.tga, etc).
Unfortunately though, i don't have any address' for the software, but
i'm sure somebody else can help you out in that area..

regards,

| Gordon Craick        || FRONTiER MAGAZiNE editor                ||
: Melbourne, Australia :: http://netspace.net.au/~pred/index.html ::

fli to mpeg to avi

--
>Eric A. Gutierrez
>Senior Systems Analyst
>Software Ventures International Corporation
>Manila, Philippines

I used Adobe Premier to make AVIs Quicktime movies. I think Corel 5 has
something similar.

fli to mpeg to avi

Post by Mikael Olofss » Wed, 10 May 1995 04:00:00

>>Subject: fli to mpeg to avi
>>Date: 25 Apr 1995 01:31:40 GMT
>>Is there a utility that can take tga/pcx/gif files of an animation
>>and convert it to fli/flc/mpeg/avi with 256/16.7M colors?
>>Where can I find an mpeg player program?
>>If it's at avalon, which directory is it in?
>>thanks,
>>eric
>--
>>Eric A. Gutierrez
>>Senior Systems Analyst
>>Software Ventures International Corporation
>>Manila, Philippines
>I used Adobe Premier to make AVIs Quicktime movies. I think Corel 5 has
>something similar.

There is also a program named pvmpg12.zip to make mpeg from tga's
I think it can be fount at nic.funet.fi:pub/msdos/graphics

/Oet
--
 ---
 _   _  |_

1. FLI->MPEG->Quicktime->AVI???

James, the AVI editor that comes with Video For Windows will read in FLIs
and then spit the out as AVI I believe. It's been a while since I did
this but I am pretty sure it works.

If that doesn't work, you can spit out the FLI as numbered .bmp files
using NUMPIC with AutoAnimator Pro and then read them into the AVI
editor.

T. Lee Kidwell

Communication & Exhibition Services

2. RenderWare / BRender / ?

3. FLI to AVI or MPEG

4. Changing Defaults in PI?

5. Need who I can to convert a .avi, .fli, .mov in a MPEG

6. scanning separation films back again

7. AVI, MPEG, FLI ENCODERS???

8. Printing the guides that aren't supposed to print..... help

9. .FLI -> Mpeg, or .AVI

10. FLI->MPEG->Quicktime->AVI???

11. FLI to AVI, MPEG etc

12. Macromind -> FLI,MPEG,AVI, etc

13. Converting Frames to AVI / MPEG / FLI etc.