3DSMax run OK in Direct3D mode?

Post by Dourad » Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Subject sef-explanatory!  :-)

Any coments are welcome.

Dourado

3DSMax run OK in Direct3D mode?

Post by Joe » Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Yes and no.  Yes you can do it and fairly quickly as well however,  you are
limited in color depth and resolution.  The standard heidi software
interface is pretty good and will allow you more display flexibility.  Don't
even think about Open GL unless you have a "real" open GL card.  I've tested
this on a Ati Rage 128 (32meg), G200 Mill, and Diamond Tnt2 (32meg).

Quote:

> Subject sef-explanatory!  :-)

> Any coments are welcome.

> Dourado

3DSMax run OK in Direct3D mode?

Post by Reape » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

OpenGl works Great on a GeForce card

> Yes and no.  Yes you can do it and fairly quickly as well however,  you
are
> limited in color depth and resolution.  The standard heidi software
> interface is pretty good and will allow you more display flexibility.
Don't
> even think about Open GL unless you have a "real" open GL card.  I've
tested
> this on a Ati Rage 128 (32meg), G200 Mill, and Diamond Tnt2 (32meg).

> > Subject sef-explanatory!  :-)

> > Any coments are welcome.

> > Dourado

1. URGENT: ViRGE/GX OK for 3DSMAX??

We are about to purchase a PPro 200 system through Gateway.  The salesman
I spoke to said this system comes standard with a "all-new, improved, etc"
video card based on ViRGE/GX, but did not tell me which one.  I am almost
sure it is the new STB Nitro 3D.   However, I am apprehensive about
getting a video card that hasn't received public approval yet.

The main requirement is a good all-round 3D/2D card that is sufficient
to run 3DStudio MAX at reasonable speeds.  We can not afford any fancy
high-end card.

Can anyone offer opinions/advise regarding this card?  How would it compare
to say, the Matrox Millenium, in 3D and 2D?? Also, is this card Heidi-
compatible??

This is for a PPro 200 with 64 megs and 17" CrystalScan.

Quick responses will be appreciated, either on the newsgroup or by mail.

Thank you.

Krish

2. what do you think?

3. OpenGL - Crashes in IDE - Runs OK in Windows

4. Where did it go? --- Communicator upgrade

5. Running Direct3D on an OpenGL card....(wrapper)

6. how to run 3DS under Win 95

7. Direct3D Retained Mode

8. Direct3D Immediate Mode tutorial

9. Newbie Direct3D Retained Mode Question...

10. 3DFX supported by Direct3D retained mode?

11. Direct3D Immediate Mode Texture Mapping

12. Direct3D IM mode transparent textures