problem with rotating objects and other problems

problem with rotating objects and other problems

Post by Fredrik Larse » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

This sounds kind of weird, but my rotate function doesn't seem to work
properly, and _yes_ I do know how to rotate an object with the rotate
function.
When I drag the cursor over the object (and I DO get the rotate cursor
before I start dragging), the object won't move at all, and I haven't locked
it to X or Y or anything.

Is there an option I might have tumbled into that might have screwed this
up?
Please mail me an answer, I really need the rotate function!
Thanks,

Zigrath

Post by THRE » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

: This sounds kind of weird, but my rotate function doesn't seem to work
: properly, and _yes_ I do know how to rotate an object with the rotate
: function.
: When I drag the cursor over the object (and I DO get the rotate cursor
: before I start dragging), the object won't move at all, and I haven't locked
: it to X or Y or anything.

: Is there an option I might have tumbled into that might have screwed this
: up?
: Please mail me an answer, I really need the rotate function!
: Thanks,

: Zigrath

Try rotating using the transform type in....or maybe try using a
different rotation controller.

University of Pennsylvania
Department of Biology

problem with rotating objects and other problems

Post by Steve Corneliso » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

i'd say definetly look at your controller type...

> This sounds kind of weird, but my rotate function doesn't seem to work
> properly, and _yes_ I do know how to rotate an object with the rotate
> function.
> When I drag the cursor over the object (and I DO get the rotate cursor
> before I start dragging), the object won't move at all, and I haven't locked
> it to X or Y or anything.

> Is there an option I might have tumbled into that might have screwed this
> up?
> Please mail me an answer, I really need the rotate function!
> Thanks,

> Zigrath

problem with rotating objects and other problems

Post by B. Ramse » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I noticed (or rather didnt notice) a new feature in max3 after I
upgraded, If you have the mouse over an object's axis icon say the x
axis, it higlights, allowing you to move/rotate/scale along that axis..
It will ignore your locks, this is a really cool feature once you get
used to it. to rotate along z, move the mouse to the objects z icon, and
rotate.. This could be your problem, just a thought..

--

3D Animation - Digital Media Design

problem with rotating objects and other problems

Post by Hamis » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hmm which version of MAX are you using?

Anyway, check in the preferences:

- Customize menu > Preferences > Preferences dialog > Viewports tab

- Move/Rotate Transforms group

- Rotation Incr:

Specifies the amount of rotation generated by moving the mouse 1 pixel.
Lower this value for angular rotations smaller than the default .5 degrees.
The lower this value, the more mouse movement is needed to rotate objects.

Hamish

> This sounds kind of weird, but my rotate function doesn't seem to work
> properly, and _yes_ I do know how to rotate an object with the rotate
> function.
> When I drag the cursor over the object (and I DO get the rotate cursor
> before I start dragging), the object won't move at all, and I haven't
locked
> it to X or Y or anything.

> Is there an option I might have tumbled into that might have screwed this
> up?
> Please mail me an answer, I really need the rotate function!
> Thanks,

> Zigrath

1. Problem with rotating objects in 3d studio max

Problem with 3d studio max:

In animation mode I want to rotate a box around its centre point.
However in animation mode its not possible to select the various
methods for rotating an object whitout getting "Use Pivot Point Center"
selected, which is one of three options for rotating an object. The
method I want to use is "Use Selection Center" which only works when you
are not in Animation mode. If anyone knows how to handle this problem,

2. Graphics Capabilities : Mac vs NT

3. StudioPro : problem when rotating objects

4. image watermarking

5. Newbie: Problem using Affect Pivot point for Rotating around objects XYZ

6. Data -> BMP

7. Problem rotating objects 2

8. Problem rotating objects

9. Problem with rotating objects in 3d studio MAX

10. Rotating camera and objects problem

11. Problems with lightning when rotating objects

12. Selecting rotated object problem