True Walkthroughs

Post by Les Moor » Tue, 12 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi

The majority of the work I do is architectural renderings.  This usually
consists of just doing stills and rendering avi's.  I came across an article
of a company that uses the Unreal engine to show of buildings so it's a real
time walk through and it looked just incredible.  Does anyone here have any
experience in this.  Will max scenes import cleanly (I know nothing ever
imports 100%)???  Limits.
The address was http://www.vrndproject.com/vrndfr.htm .

You all should check out anyway since it is unreal (pun intended)

LesMoore
SAI

True Walkthroughs

Post by 3D Perun » Tue, 12 Oct 1999 04:00:00

http://www.unrealized.com/modelling/tools.html#921640907

True Walkthroughs

Post by ChrisPe » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Unreal will work.  But you may want to look into VRML.  Its not as fast as
Unreal, but you can do it straight from Max.

Christopher Peri
#########################

...and now, a word from our sponser

http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~cperi

#########################

True Walkthroughs

Post by Chri » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Wow! That is brilliant. I wonder if a good transport could be built between
Max and the UnReal engine, or at least UnRealEd.

cheers,
--

Christopher Subagio
- The Illusionary

http://www.callnetuk.com/home/csubagio

Quote:> Hi

> The majority of the work I do is architectural renderings.  This usually
> consists of just doing stills and rendering avi's.  I came across an
article
> of a company that uses the Unreal engine to show of buildings so it's a
real
> time walk through and it looked just incredible.  Does anyone here have
any
> experience in this.  Will max scenes import cleanly (I know nothing ever
> imports 100%)???  Limits.
> The address was http://www.vrndproject.com/vrndfr.htm .

> You all should check out anyway since it is unreal (pun intended)

> LesMoore
> SAI

True Walkthroughs

Post by Simon Pag » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Ha, if only..

It has always amazed me (since UnReal came out). 40 for a decent real time
architectural editor with a game thrown in for free.
What is the world coming to!

Simon Page.

>Wow! That is brilliant. I wonder if a good transport could be built between
>Max and the UnReal engine, or at least UnRealEd.

>cheers,
>--

>Christopher Subagio
>- The Illusionary

>http://www.callnetuk.com/home/csubagio

>> Hi

>> The majority of the work I do is architectural renderings.  This usually
>> consists of just doing stills and rendering avi's.  I came across an
>article
>> of a company that uses the Unreal engine to show of buildings so it's a
>real
>> time walk through and it looked just incredible.  Does anyone here have
>any
>> experience in this.  Will max scenes import cleanly (I know nothing ever
>> imports 100%)???  Limits.
>> The address was http://www.vrndproject.com/vrndfr.htm .

>> You all should check out anyway since it is unreal (pun intended)

>> LesMoore
>> SAI

True Walkthroughs

Post by Loafe » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Check out the demo of Unreality. Its a new scene viewer that lets you walk
around in your Max scenes in real time. Its based on the unreal technology
but focused more towards architecture. I had there address, I'll post it if
I find it.

Jason Lowe

> Ha, if only..

> It has always amazed me (since UnReal came out). 40 for a decent real
time
> architectural editor with a game thrown in for free.
> What is the world coming to!

> Simon Page.

> >Wow! That is brilliant. I wonder if a good transport could be built
between
> >Max and the UnReal engine, or at least UnRealEd.

> >cheers,
> >--

> >Christopher Subagio
> >- The Illusionary

> >http://www.callnetuk.com/home/csubagio

> >> Hi

> >> The majority of the work I do is architectural renderings.  This
usually
> >> consists of just doing stills and rendering avi's.  I came across an
> >article
> >> of a company that uses the Unreal engine to show of buildings so it's a
> >real
> >> time walk through and it looked just incredible.  Does anyone here have
> >any
> >> experience in this.  Will max scenes import cleanly (I know nothing
ever
> >> imports 100%)???  Limits.
> >> The address was http://www.vrndproject.com/vrndfr.htm .

> >> You all should check out anyway since it is unreal (pun intended)

> >> LesMoore
> >> SAI

True Walkthroughs

Post by BamBa » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

3D Studio Viz R3 from Kinetix/AutoDesk is a program that will take your
2D or 3D AutoCad drawing and allow you to render them in 3D.. I use it
quite a bit for creating walkthru's of projects.

Paul Jordan
Fairbanks, AK

Quote:> Hi

--
There never seems to be enough time to do the
things you want to do once you find them...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

True Walkthroughs

Post by Chri » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I think the fellow meant realtime walk-thrus. That virtual NotreDame
walkthru actualy was very eye popping. If there was a good transport out of
Max/Viz into the UnReal environment, it could change a lot of things.

cheers,
--

Christopher Subagio
- The Illusionary

http://www.callnetuk.com/home/csubagio

Quote:> 3D Studio Viz R3 from Kinetix/AutoDesk is a program that will take your
> 2D or 3D AutoCad drawing and allow you to render them in 3D.. I use it
> quite a bit for creating walkthru's of projects.

> Paul Jordan
> Fairbanks, AK

1. Is this true, or true crap?

Deep within the bowels of Deneba's website, at:

http://www.deneba.com/dazroot/news/pressrel/cv5sales.html

you'll find the following quote:

"A substantial increase in Canvas 5 new product sales is causing a stir
in the design community. Designer and computer artists are leaving
competitive applications and flocking to Canvas 5."

When I stopped laughing, I asked myself "What if it's really true?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

p.s. I love the concept behind Canvas 5, and am patiently waiting for
version 5.54. Well, maybe not patiently...

2. Plug-ins for 3DS Max 1.2 and LightWave 5.0

3. Conversion of windows true type to Mac true type

4. Need help with putpixel in tweak mode!

5. Maya FREE for 30 days...(True, true)

6. cooperative web network rendering???

7. 3D Walkthroughs

8. Basic query

9. Architectural Walkthroughs...info needed....

10. recording QD3D walkthroughs

11. Walkthroughs with PHIGS

12. Creating decent real-time walkthroughs?? HELP

13. what software to use for walkthroughs?